Will A 4 channel amp bridged give me stereo sound?

I have a jl audio 4 channel amp producing 4 x 75 rms. If i bridge the the channels i will get 2 x 150 rms, but will the sound be stereo or mono?
i'm curious as well, and sorta asking the same thing on my other thread...

but what i'd really like to know is: seems like you'd just fade front to back if you wanted to move the sound from left to right but is it also a good thing that you can also manually adjust the output level independantly between the right and the left speakers then? (the rear and front channels actually)

does anyone do that for tuning and imaging?

or do you REALLY want to make sure they are about the same level?

Most head units give you a left/right balance control to begin with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It will give you stereo if you give it stereo signal. I have my 300/4 bridged to mbq reference front comps. Sounds killer but the speakers are taking a beating.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

yes it will be stereo if ur sending a left and right rca to each bridged channel thats how i run my amplifier on 2 subs.
so you're saying get a splitter and split the left rca signal to both the front inputs and the left rca to both the rear inputs?

makes sense...

no b/c when u bridge a 4channel amp it's like making it a 2 channel amp and all u need is 2 inputs a left and a right rca don't split them,but if u do ur still sending the same signal voltage

ch1,2 would be left, ch3,4 would be right. use a splitter to send left to ch1 and ch2. split right to ch3, ch4. the downside is that amp gains are now set in a left-right fashion which may mean more time setting gains

you can also run it with just one RCA to just one channel. it will work, but the amp is effectively unbridged at this point (2nd channel isn't contributing), and the efficiency will decrease significantly. SNR decreases and THD increases in this case. (each amp contributes these, but only one channel contributes actual signal. also, the linearity may be lowest near 0V, which is what one channel is trying to force).

ch1,2 would be left, ch3,4 would be right. use a splitter to send left to ch1 and ch2. split right to ch3, ch4. the downside is that amp gains are now set in a left-right fashion which may mean more time setting gains
you can also run it with just one RCA to just one channel. it will work, but the amp is effectively unbridged at this point (2nd channel isn't contributing), and the efficiency will decrease significantly. SNR decreases and THD increases in this case. (each amp contributes these, but only one channel contributes actual signal. also, the linearity may be lowest near 0V, which is what one channel is trying to force).
Is that second quote in your sig for realz?? (as in did they really say that)

wasn't i saying that first part?

and that second part really went over my head...haha thats alright though, seems like its not the recommended route anyways...

sorry bout the mini hijack by the way...to the OP, i'm going with the 4 channel route...i think its sorta a waste of power going with a 2 channel when you're not maximizing the power although it may be slightly cleaner...i'm sure you're saving a few bucks as well...

Is that second quote in your sig for realz?? (as in did they really say that)
yes, a local church held a promotion where everyone who went to the gas station nearest the church. on a certain day, would get 25cents off of gas. news is live, so they can't take it back.

DeuceLee, yes, that seems like your plan. I was trying to point out that the amp will work if you remove the signal from one of the channels. that channel then must act like a wire connected to 0V (which is ch1-). a wire works better as a wire then an amplifier though.

often, people go the bridged route because 4ohm speakers are available, and most amplifiers that are bridgeable do so into a 4ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.