Will 2 power wires work instead of a Distribution Block ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I have one amp rite now using 8 gauge wire "200 watts". I am going to be using some subwoofers and getting a second amp 4 gauge "1200 watts". Now I usually see people using a distribution block. I have kicker battery terminal that will give me 3 outputs. Can i use it to the battery with 2 amps. the third output will be from getting ready for the big 3 upgrade.

why not run a separate power wires, nothing wrong with it I run two runs of RF 4g one for components and one for the subs I like the ease of hiding a 4g wire instead of trying to find a way to hide 0g in a corolla, but for your app no reason not too either.

Thanks for the replys. I have the 8 gauge and the 4 gauge already. I didnt want to have to buy something bigger and buy a power distribution block. Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.