will 2 18's in a hatch get loud?

DRCKISS
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have been presented with the opportunity to run 2 18's sealed in my hatch and was wondering how loud this might get spl - bassrace wise?. I have ran 2 12;s vented before but never sealed and I am trying to figure out is not being vented would still get loud, and yes they will fit sealed.

thanks

1x10 ported can be louder than 1x18, depends on the install. blah blah blah, if you have to ask this, i'm going to say you dont have the skills to bassrace yet.

maybe one day, keep reading and learning.

I understand your stance on this matter for the past 10 years of car audio that I have had,,, all has been ported... this will be my first go around with sealed and my current vehicle, that is basically why I asked the question, I understand and know all about the socall ed 3 db rule from going sealed to ported and 1 sub ported compared to 2 subs sealed, I was just trying to get a response from someone that may have a little more experience with a sealed application. at the moment I have placed 1st and 2nd in the 139.9 - 130.0 class, bassrace. I just wanted to try to break the 150 mark. Hence 2 18's in a hatch,

thanks

1x10 ported can be louder than 1x18, depends on the install. blah blah blah, if you have to ask this, i'm going to say you dont have the skills to bassrace yet.
maybe one day, keep reading and learning.

what 18's u going to use, and word of advice, if you want to do it the right way, you will need more than 275 watts of power, I'm thinking like 2500 watts per sub depending on what subs they are... its going to probably take some reinforced glass too... especially in a hatch... I had 2 15's in a hatch one time, and was flexing the rear glass so just be careful... 2 18s sounds great, but there is a ton of other stuff stuff you have to consider before actually doing it... just a thought...

I have been presented with the opportunity to run 2 18's sealed in my hatch and was wondering how loud this might get spl - bassrace wise?. I have ran 2 12;s vented before but never sealed and I am trying to figure out is not being vented would still get loud, and yes they will fit sealed.
thanks
Nope.

If you are dead set on doing 18's, I would be more inclined to suggest (1) 18 in a ported box. I believe it is quite possible that (1) 18 in the right ported box would put up better numbers than (2) 18's that you squeeze into a sealed box. If you are not dead set on 18's then I would actually be more inclined to recommend (1) 15 (something like an MT) in a ported box with 2k watts and I think you would like the results. To answer your original question though, yes (2) 18's in a sealed box would be loud, to what degree?? Well no one on this forum is going to be able to tell you that you'll be in the 150 club. 150 db's on the termlab is a very tough accomplishment and especially in terms of bassrace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.