will 2 18's in a hatch get loud?

this is very true, 150 club what was I thinking, I would love to be in there, but the 149.9 - 140.0 would probably be a safe bet, I mean come on 2 12's right now at 136 so you would have to think more cone area would at least put me a little higher in the bassrace classes. BUT THAT IS A PURE ASSUMPTION ON MY PART,,, I know it is mostly all in an installation, but really trying to get a feel on what 2 18's sealed would sound like, MT for daily, I do not know if that is for me, I do not have the electrical system to run 2000 watts daily, unless yellowtop and big 3 is enough.

It's not a bad thing to want to improve your db's, but I just think you'll do more with less. If I were you, I would look seriously at (1) bomb ass 15 with 2000 watts or more and build a box with some 6" aero's.

well right now on the tl, hitting 143.6 db drag, and 136 bass race,,,, I would design a new box but I do not know how. I can build them just not design them. Last enclosure someone designed for me really really ****** crx style subs up port ( 8" dia pvc) back, sounded ok but nowhere near the output of my current box with the slot port. I mean it is pretty loud I jst want louder, you see, vy vision is not blurred yet, and it actually does not hurt to sit in there. I know certain cabin gain and a better designed enclosure would do wonders but I was just thinking about upgrading subs and trying to go that route.

lawl. in the right box two SE's in a hatch should be in the 40's easy.
i think if you want more SPL, you should build a new box mang.

w8 w8 w8....u were running type R's SEALED with only 275 watts a piece?!?!?!
only had 150watts going to each of my atlas 12's. F'in loud. Kinda worried if its gonna be TOO loud once I get the zr360 repaired and in....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.