Wierd Headunit Problem...

DOHCrazy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 1995 four door tahoe. It has factory two ways in each of the four doors, and then 6x9's in the rear roof.

With my stock headunit, All six speakers play.

Before my 9827 was stolen, all 6 speakers played.

Well after it was stolen, I put my stock one in until I got a low end pioneer. Once I installed the pioneer, I noticed the rear door speakers werent making any noise. No static, no sound, nothing.

I thought it was the headunit, so I replaced it with my stock one, only to find that all 6 speakers were playing again.

I just got a brand new DEH860mp and its happening once again. Nothing from the rear door speakers.

Now, it doesnt bother me much, but im sure it bothers my passengers.

Any ideas? Im positive I have everything hooked up correctly.

Thanks, but I have, thats why its so wierd...

Everything is matched color for color on my harness...

Do you think the part of the harness that stays in the vehicle is diff than the aftermarket wiring harness?

There IS a factory amp in some models of the Tahoe, that runs one pair of speakers. Make sure your head unit's remote turn-on wire is connected to the factory amp's remote wire. It may or may not be in the "power antenna" wire location in the factory harness. It is often a pink wire. If you still have the stock head unit, you can use a multimeter to identify which wire in the harness shows 12v when the radio is turned on.

There IS a factory amp in some models of the Tahoe, that runs one pair of speakers. Make sure your head unit's remote turn-on wire is connected to the factory amp's remote wire. It may or may not be in the "power antenna" wire location in the factory harness. It is often a pink wire. If you still have the stock head unit, you can use a multimeter to identify which wire in the harness shows 12v when the radio is turned on.

I will check tommorrow when Its light outside.

Why would they have a factory amp for just the rear speakers?

You were right, I connected it and it worked just fine.

Now what do I use for a remote wire for my amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.