Why u no work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bassheadnoob
10+ year member

ok, so BEFORE I took out my last system, my amp would not turn on!! WHY?!?!? I had a solid ground, NO fuses were blown...idk, the car audio guy said, "Pioneer HU's will do that sometimes, gimme $150 and we can trouble shoot it and tell ya whut u need to get!" *facepalm* so..ANY ideas?!?!?

Sounds like maybe the remote wire is faulty. I would test it with a meter to see if it reads 12v. If its in the ballpark, maybe it disconnected behind the deck or got pinced somewhere in the install. If all your connections were good and the amp still didn't turn on Idk either. I had a friend have a very similar issue once and it turned out his main power fuse must have vibrated just right under his hood so it wasn't connected even though it was still installed. Pulled the fuse, stuck it back in and all of a sudden stuff worked. It sounds like your system isn't hooked up anymore though. If you want to test the amp, I'd see if you could hook it up in a friends car and test it. If it works like a charm, then my guess would be either something rattled loose in your amp, it was going into protection, or you just had a faulty connection somewhere and/or remote wire. Hope this helps.

Yep a multi meter is your friend. Check the power inputs with the car off, check them with the car running, and also check your remote wire. With the car off it should read around 12.5 - 13.0v with the car running it should read around 14v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bassheadnoob

10+ year member
Bassheadnoob
Pensacola, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from