why ported?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I asked a similar question a while back, because it is confusing to me too, I more less understand it now. Drivers generally want more volume than we can give them in a car, however most do not want open air either. So a comprimise was made to give the sub a regulated air flow (determined by the port area and length). By doing this we get the sub more air and generally double the output (3 db gain). Hope that helps a little, if anyone can ecplain it better, please go ahead, i know that sounds kind of shaddy.

figureing port frequencies is a pain in the ass it has to do with the length and diameter of the port but another reason they are louder is becuase it allows more movement with less restriction and pressure on the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.