Why not HU's with Nav/DVDs, AND SQ controls?

do you absolutely need a flip out or can you go double din? the kenwood dnx8120, 9140 have some pretty nice features.

Two reasons

1. Cost. A good SQ unit costs well over 500 dollars, a unit with a ton of features can cost over 1000 dollars. Combine the two and there's no way they'd let it go under 2000.

2. Space. Like I've noticed with my flip-out unit, nearly a third of the size of the unit is devoted to the screen. After removing that much space, there's not much more space left to put things in the unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hi all, The central entertainment screen in my 2009 Touareg (v6 TDI) stopped working yesterday. When I start the car I see the loading screen for...
Not enough information. Some remote units are radio specific while others are stand alone.
That might depend on the head unit. Some can use a 5 amp fuse, some a 10amp, some a 15amp fuse (if / depending on how much it's powering the...
I'll give that try, setting the LPF on the head unit sub outputs to 80Hz and leaving the HPF at 120Hz. If I didn't set an HPF, what would the...
eBay links haven't worked on this kind of forum software for a few years now. You have to use something like a Url Shortener to correct the link...

About this thread

silenkiller

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
silenkiller
zz
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date