Why I am FINISHED with JL AUDIO.

Took the advice of others in this post and re foamed the W3. Was a PITA to keep the coil alignment while gluing to the frame. It works well and I hear no coil rubbing. This is no thanks to JL as they wouldn't repair even if they were paid to!!!!

I ran out and bought an Image Dynamics ID12 in case the re foam on the W3 didnt go well. The ID has a significantly better surround, better connectors, seems sturdier, plays a bit louder and deeper in the same box that JL was in, and it cost less than I paid for the JL!!!. The ONLY thing the JL has that is better is the rubber ring that is removable. Other than that there is no comparison between an ID12 and the W3. The ID is not even broke in yet either!!! Im leaving the ID in service. The JL can play spare..

If you are running the JL in a box that JL recommends, it's too small. Every JL sub I've run has sounded much better in a bigger enclosure that what JL recommends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tritiumglo

tritiumglo
eastern us
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
whitemax