Why dont people put....

bobhope
10+ year member

mi
Why dont people put 2 different sets of 2 rims on their cars.... that would look cool or something it would..... had like 2 diff tires up front and 2 diff tires in back..... as long as they are the same size shouldnt matter right? then when u rotate ur tires ur car would look diff...... cause the fronts would be on the backs.... maybe im just a raving lunatic but oh well

On some certain trucks I do(depends on the application) we use wider/bigger in diameter wheels out back and almost always use different tire sizes.

- Steve

a lot of modified cars have different tires in the front and back. like a rear wheel drive would have straight traction and the front tires could provide some turning traction

guys, sounds like he means rims instead of tires. Like why wouldn't you mix giovanna cassino's with lexani marqi's.

Personally, I have no clue why you wouldn't mix, except that most people like to have some kind of theme on their ride, and mixing rims would blow their theme.

Originally posted by JDoggHSTX guys, sounds like he means rims instead of tires. Like why wouldn't you mix giovanna cassino's with lexani marqi's.

Personally, I have no clue why you wouldn't mix, except that most people like to have some kind of theme on their ride, and mixing rims would blow their theme.
Ohhh ok...totally different rims? NO WAY....never ever would I do that...would I change size? Yes for sure, I have different size wheels on the front then the back on all my vehicles.

- Steve

Originally posted by denim there are cars out there like the Prowler that use 2 different size wheels, but they are still the same rim, but that is rare in applications
Rare in applications? You mean stock right....rare in stock vehicles?

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Rare in applications? You mean stock right....rare in stock vehicles?

- Steve
not really rare, even in stock vehicles.......mostly seen(99%) in performance stock rides, though i wouldn't call the prowler a performance ride. some examples are........

• corvette
  • viper
  • ferrari
  • lamborghani (spell?)
  • vector
  • mcclaren

just to name a few....on everyday, family cars, probably not.

a different wheel on each corner? sounds like a red-neck thing to me!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by mrray13 not really rare, even in stock vehicles.......mostly seen(99%) in performance stock rides, though i wouldn't call the prowler a performance ride. some examples are........

• corvette
  • viper
  • ferrari
  • lamborghani (spell?)
  • vector
  • mcclaren

just to name a few....on everyday, family cars, probably not.

a different wheel on each corner? sounds like a red-neck thing to me!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yeah...the super car "stock" cars lol. I meant every day common Impala's, etc. I'm with you...mixing different wheels:nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif I have never seen that...I cant imagine 5 spokes for the front and wire's on the back...anything like that would look pretty bad.

- Steve

redneck: noun; a person who farms, works in the fields, so-called due to back of neck getting sunburned: adjective; a term used to describe a 1973 camo-painted ford(with bed chained together to keep from falling apart) with one white spoke wheel, one factory wheel, one wheel with a hubcap from wal-mart and a aluminium wheel stolen off neighbors boat trailer. also has four different size tires, two are mud-terrain(one on front, one on back), one is street-biased and one is the ribbed front tire off a tractor.

no real problem with rednecks, slap the back of your neck and then rub it real hard.......tuhduh!!! ur a redneck!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

actually i live in a redneck community, the truck i described above actually exists(except for the tractor tire, that just sounded good). we also have a few who think they are a db drag team. their vehicle? a 1985 s-10 standard cab. no front seat, they sit on the box. two twelves, jl's i think from local pawn shop, with two different amps, again from pawn shop. was told they had to compete in extreme class, actually pulled a 141.3(i was actually a little impressed) and proceeded to run around tellin everyone they had it wrapped up(they were the first comp. in class to go thru the lanes) and then had their a$$es handed to them. winner, from team sweep, hit a 171, second was a 161, thrid was a 160. after that (they live in same town as me), they told everyone how the mic was screwed and they were robbed. lmao every time i see them.

enuff of my redneck story's...............hope y'all still awake.

Originally posted by mrray13 redneck: noun; a person who farms, works in the fields, so-called due to back of neck getting sunburned: adjective; a term used to describe a 1973 camo-painted ford(with bed chained together to keep from falling apart) with one white spoke wheel, one factory wheel, one wheel with a hubcap from wal-mart and a aluminium wheel stolen off neighbors boat trailer. also has four different size tires, two are mud-terrain(one on front, one on back), one is street-biased and one is the ribbed front tire off a tractor.

no real problem with rednecks, slap the back of your neck and then rub it real hard.......tuhduh!!! ur a redneck!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

actually i live in a redneck community, the truck i described above actually exists(except for the tractor tire, that just sounded good). we also have a few who think they are a db drag team. their vehicle? a 1985 s-10 standard cab. no front seat, they sit on the box. two twelves, jl's i think from local pawn shop, with two different amps, again from pawn shop. was told they had to compete in extreme class, actually pulled a 141.3(i was actually a little impressed) and proceeded to run around tellin everyone they had it wrapped up(they were the first comp. in class to go thru the lanes) and then had their a$$es handed to them. winner, from team sweep, hit a 171, second was a 161, thrid was a 160. after that (they live in same town as me), they told everyone how the mic was screwed and they were robbed. lmao every time i see them.

enuff of my redneck story's...............hope y'all still awake.

Think I got ya beat.

under 3000 people in my town, class 20th anniversary get2gether is also billed as a family reunion, in order to date someone from this county u have to ask "who's your daddy??" and not in the bed room either, Stoh's and Golden anniversary is considered a form of crystall around here, moonshine isn't just made in the basement anymore but rather in school, people put systems on their lawn mower or farm tractor that they drive everywhere, people her still chew straws, and last but not least...........there is a waiting spot for horse and buggies.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.