Why dont most of you guys have rears?

I have a fox body so the 6x9s are on the back behind the tire well and the face one another in the stock location. So with a sub (i have a 06 XXX in there) i cant hear crap from them.

I think it really depends on the car too. My rear speakers are right behind my head and they really help to center the stage. I tried it without them and it seemed to "empty" behind me. Besides I only paid .99 for the speakers (kicker 6 inch coax) and they sound just fine!

I am a fat guy and I have a huge rear.

I personally like to be enveloped in the music so rear fill is a must for me. Having said that though, The front is more critical and more time (and money) should be put into its setup. Rear fill is secondary to the front stage.

I use rear speakers for 5.1...sounds great!!!! I also have a couple of DVD-As and CD's recorded in 5.1...they sound awesome on a 5.1 system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

But, for the most part...I turn the rear speakers off for regular 2 channel music. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

My car has components in all 4 doors, came stock like that. Replaced them, rode around for a while, then I disconnected the rear speakers and rode around. Extremely small difference, it was BARELY audible. Did the same while sitting in the backseat and I actually think it sounds better with just the front from both seats.

I've got an extended cab truck that I compete with. It is my daily driver and hasn't had rear speakers for about 2 years. I can't tell much of a difference and before I took out my backseat for subs and amps neither could my passengers. If your front stage is done right and well powered, you should have no trouble having a great system that will envelope you in sound without rear speakers. When I compete you actually can't use speakers past the b pillars.

Keep in mind that in most cars the rear speakers are actually closer to your ears than the fronts. If you have really awesome T/A abilities you can probably get it done. BUT if you can locate the sound coming from behind you, it totally ruins stereo sound. So if properly set up...meaning that you can't hear the rear speakers at all....what is the point of having them??

The exception would be that you REALLY know what you are doing...as in Richard Clark's/Speakerwork's Grand National: http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick/page5.php

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.