why doesn't HU read ipad just as it would ipod

wet_rat
10+ year member

nc
I have a Valor NVG-720 HU that has ipod interface built in. When an ipod is hooked up you can completely control the ipod from the touchscreen. When I plug the ipad into the HU the music from the ipad will play through the HU but won't come up on the screen to control it's features. Comments? Suggestions?

and how do you like that deck so far? worth the money?
I LOVE it. A few minor issues: everytime the truck moves through the reverse position it automatically switches the screen to back up camera, kinda annoying when you are just going into park. I REALLY like the Nav aspect, it is better then my portable Garmin that cost more, can upload new maps, including international maps to an SD card and install to Nav unit---AWESOME. I got a KILLER deal on this unit--was a shelf demo unit, never installed in a car and I stole it for $300

because apple is gay and steve jobs is the head queer. get a hard drive and mount it in the glove box. way better than a ipod and cheaper too.
already have the ipad. I wanted the portability

Brilliant observation
Thanks obviously you couldn't understand the different, although the OS is similar between ipod touches iphones and ipads all three are different. So your bottom dollar valor unit doesn't read ipads and im willing to bet it doesnt work with iphones either.

an hd is just as portable as the ipad. you gotta pug in one plug on the ipad just like you would on the hd. LOL
What would be the point of having a hard drive that has no screen if you're looking for the ability to use whats in the memory despite your location.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.