why does my bass hit softer sometimes?

im powering 2 subs...theyre only getting 150 watts, the speakers are rated at 125rms so it's not way overpowering them, oh and im running a 4 guage power wire

Check your speaker connections.

Alt is the best upgrade, bat is the most $ effective upgrade. Perhaps a battery for this situation...but honestly its not pulling enough power to *need* it. Gotta remember kenwood amps are rated at max power...

And 150 to each w0 should be fine...so long as they aren't in a much larger than normal sealed box or ported while you play freq's way below tuning.

yeah i think im gonna take it to my audio shop and let them check the ground connection..because it's gotta be a loose wire or something if my bass starts poudning again everytime i hit a bump

I think these are all great post and all very helpfull to you. I think you should listen to everyone here because theres just so many factors that could be the problem.

just an update, and thanks to everyone that responded, went by my local audio shop today and found out that my hu has bad outputs, and thats why it's messing up everytime i hit a bump...glad it wasn't really anything expensive, planned on getting a new hu anyways

im powering 2 subs...theyre only getting 150 watts, the speakers are rated at 125rms so it's not way overpowering them, oh and im running a 4 guage power wire
ahh, the way youre post was phrased it sounded like you were putting the 800 watts to them which made me double take

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.