Why do you consider sony a bad amp?

• Thread starter Sonyman
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K
S

Sonyman

First of all I have a sony 760 watt amp, which is fine with me, people here me coming down the road, it works fine i have no problems at all, i understand its not the best quality amp, but it is a overal good amp, am wondering opionons why people consider it such a bad amp?????

I have heard of sony amps over heating easily and also not turing on all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

i owned a sony xplode 760W amp. It's a piece o' Sh*t!! It gets real hot of a 2ohm load. It can't handle loud music. it's sounds like crap. and the **** over current light always goes on. Nothing was wrong with my setup. it just couldn't handle what it said it could. not only is the amp but i had a pair of tens. I had 150W going to it(really it was 110-180). the amp couldn't push any more with out distorting horribly. even at that setting the sub blew out more than 10 times. if didn't know their rms is 150 Watts. i even had it were those tinsel wires, that are connect to the coil, broke. How do those break after having them for 4 weeks. I don't know, i have lost faith with them, but it's your choice.

i went to a caraudio store and they tol me that the sony 760 (model 1502sx) was disscontinued because they had a problem with it and it blew a lot ...but ihave a sony 1000 wat amp and its ok ...its not heating or the red overcurrent light is not on //right now its running at 2 ohms...

i know its not the best but i dont really give a sh*t cuz its enough for my car...i am not going to competitions with it

sony amps, well i have no experience with their car audio, but their house audio is nice, anyways, i wouldn't puch a sony amp, heh, house or mobile... not like my ppi, i can pound the sh*t out of that, and it has NEVER overheated, and has never given me a bit of trouble, except when trying to powder coat the side panels, the vent just don't like to hold the powder, oh well... hehe

Sony is a very decent amp for the money. Sony is constantly getting great reviews from Car Audio magazine. The sony class d actually pushes near what it claims at 14.4 volts.. Sure its not going to get you the respect in sount as most people want, but i've heard it push the stuff out of a midline sub like a couple Rockford HE2's.

Plus thats about the best you can get from bestbuy..

Originally posted by cizbryan Sony is a very decent amp for the money. Sony is constantly getting great reviews from Car Audio magazine. The sony class d actually pushes near what it claims at 14.4 volts.. Sure its not going to get you the respect in sount as most people want, but i've heard it push the stuff out of a midline sub like a couple Rockford HE2's.

Plus thats about the best you can get from bestbuy..
IF YOU THINK THAT THAT LAKE TACKING THE BIGEST KENWOOD AMP AND THROWING HE2 ON THEM YA IT WILL MOVE BUT IF YOU WANT CLEAN POWER YOU WANT ROCK FORD WHY PAY FOR **** THEN LATER BUY SOMTING NICE GEST SAVE AND BY THE BEST IN ONE SHOT BUY **** THAN BUY GOOD YOUR WASTING MONEY GOING FROM **** TO GOOD????? IAM WITH TEAM ROCKFORD THE BEST FO THE BEST

your 16 right? and your part of team rockford? i dont mean to disrespect you but you got to respect the fact that not everyone can afford some of the greatest car audio equipment out there so please try to act a little mature and dont try to put somone else down because they dont have what you think is the best of the best ok?

the problem is simply sony has(had) two different xplod lines. the regular xplod is a "walmart" quality and should be avoided.the second line is the mobile es series. this line is a quality line of stereos, amps, subs and so forth. while i've heard bad things about the speakers and subs, i can't really say that about the es hu's and amps. are they the best? no, but they are far from the worst. as far as rf being the best, well that's just a matter of opinion, and those are like as#holes(sarcastic reference to the rf unregistared), everyone has one. anyway, i can't complain about my es amp pushing my hx2 subs! sure i'm underpowering them(for now), but i still hit pretty good. when money improves, so do componets!

what i'm saying is this, if it works for you, go for it!

one more thing, everyone makes a lemon. what this guy had bad luck with, you may never have trouble with. what this guy never had trouble with may give you fits. so go with your pocketbook, and your ears, and do what make's you happy.

PEACE

I bought the SONY XM-3001SXD amp and i bought it just for a joke(hear this)My cousin bought an MMATS 500.2 d class amp for almost $800 can.(yes i know thats abit over priced)in our town these amps are selling very well so i just for a joke went over to future shop to buy the SONY amp for 400 out the door.Then i hooked it up and surprised me and my cousin it sounded cleaner and as loud as his MMATS 500.2 amp,one reason why is his amp has engine noise and mine doesn't.haha,so anyhow i have a buddy who has the db testing program on his pc so we went over and tried out our amps.The subs we used are my cousins 4 PPI 10" subs just the low series ones in a 7.5 cu. ft sealed box.(in a 92 voyaguer minivan-dont laff this van is sweet J/K)we tried his amp first and he pulled off a 142.1 after we found out his box was tuned for 47hrtz. this was pretty good for a sealed box.Now its Time for the sony to get humiliated yeah right right off the bat i beat his amp with a 142.8 i was happy and my buddies said thats a pretty kool amp and i should keep it.(my buddies are in the top 5 in canada for outlaw so they know there ****.My poor cousin almost killed me he was pissed.But he says its all good and we are gonna put My SONY BEATS MMATS sticker on my truck 2 piss off all the meatballs who own there ****.My cousin is on going on his 3rd amp now cuz it blows fuses even 30amps when it takes 20's what a piece.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.