Why did my sub stop working all of sudden

DMM-1L1.jpg

odd are its gonna look like this

your black lead goes to comm and your red lead goes to the V(ohm)mA

hook up the leads to the sub and make sure they are touching the metal part,no rubber or anything

turn the knob to the ohm section. Id put it on 200 or lower if you DMM reads that low

if its a cheaper DMM you might get some fluxuation.

Anyways, if you get anything over say 10 ohms, the sub is toast.. if it reads infinite ohms, the sub is toast

you might get 2.3 or 4.5 ohms,

DO NOT touch the sub or any part that may effect the reading.

set the sub on top of the box or somewhere that is not metal

My sub is Dual 4 ohm. 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak. So is the dmm supossed to read around 600?? Sorry if thats a stupid question
Dont apologize for asking questions, its how you get answers. Each voice coil should read around 4 ohms.

Blazeplacid hit the nail on the head.

Alrite i finally found a DMM in my garage. i hooked it up to my sub correctly and it reads fluctuating from 0.0 to 0.1 so doesnt that mean my voice coils are blown. if so is it possible to just buy new coils, and if i can would it be cheaper to buy new coils instead of buying a new sub

I would take it to a reputable dealer.. have them check it... if you are new to using a DMM they can be a little finickey... just to be sure I would have a pro check it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.