Why did my sub stop working all of sudden

ZIG~ZAG
10+ year member

I have 1 rockford fosgate T1 10in and a jbl gto7001 amplifier. I was driving one day and my system was properly working and than later on i realized my sub was no longer working. i have checked all wres and fuses but sub still isnt working. What could be the problem?

I have know idea, probably happened over time and just decided to die that day. Take it out and check your coils with a dmm. Does it make any kinda noise when you push on the cone? Spider or anything torn? Does it smell burnt?

You said that you checked all of the wires and the fuses, which sounds like you checked your amp. Pull the sub out and check that your speaker wires are still in place. Also check where your speaker wires connect to the box (inside and out), unless you have the wires going directly from the amp to the sub. If everything is in place and connected, but you don't get anything at all from the sub, it sounds more like an amp issue. Check vcs with a dmm and hook another speaker to your amp if you have one. This will help you to isolate the issue. If it were the sub, you should have had some sort of warning before it happened. Smell, rattle, etc.

Alrite i checked the sub its self. The sub looks fine no tears no cracking no stiffness and the cone is fine. I havent check the coils though with a dmm. The sub was still properly connected also, inside and outside of the box. So as of what Slammer said it could be an amplifier issue. I do not have a dmm though. Around how much would a dmm cost? Besides that ill have to find a friend with another sub to hook up to my amp.

Ok, so i had a friend hook his 12in Q-Power Sub to my amp and his sub was working properly but mine still doesnt. So does that mean my sub is blown???????? And there is not a fuse on my T1 so that would be only on the T2

Well this isnt good, ive only had this sub hooked up for about a week now. I dont know much about a dmm, (never used one). But what should my coils be reading for the correct resistance using the dmm.?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.