Why are new Alpine head units so crappy?

real cd's are the only way to go for true sq listening.
mp3 are lossy.

ipods i find to alter the sound a bit, even with the EQ inside set to off or flat.

i just use real cd's. even with real cd's, when your as into it as i am you'll find it hard to find a cd thats even of excellent quality these days. alot of cd's are recorded and mixed like garbage.
Oh..

So would burning your own high quality CD's be better than an MP3 player?

It's just that with heavy bass, the CD tends to skip...

are you referring to mp3 cds?
some say they can tell a difference. i only have one CD thats in mp3 format. it is totally different than what i usually listen to though, so i can't say i've really done a fair a/b comparison between a high bit-rate mp3 and the source cd.

I've found that on my ipod, music bought from itunes sounds fine.

Now stuff downloaded from torrents, limewire, and other downloaded sources can sound quite shitty sometimes.

Now stuff downloaded from torrents, limewire, and other downloaded sources can sound quite shitty sometimes.
I only download high quality torrents.

That's because they're in a high quality or near lossless format.

To all the people saying "I just bought my first Alpine, and it doesnt feel crappy"..

Thats because you have been accustomed to crap. And you dont know what old Alpine is.

You would think that Alpine would be loyal to the true audio buffs out there, who own CDs and dont care about iPod connections or flashing lights.

"The five stripes in the Alpine logo were added in the 1990s. Originally light blue to contrast with the letters which were in dark blue, they were later changed to one colour. The stripes are each said to stand for different aspects of Alpine's philosophy which are:

* Engineering Excellence

* Manufacturing Excellence

* Marketing Excellence

* Service Excellence

* Partner Excellence"

Maybe Ill get the deh-880prs after all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Maybe Ill get the deh-880prs after all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
excellent choice. i think you'll like it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol i have been reading all of these posts just to talk about it, im all about either pioneer or eclipse now, and ill tell ya the 880 and the 9800 series are awesome, especially the 880

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.