Why all the JL HATE on here?

Really?
There's a difference between something that sounds good, and sounds the same. Then whats the difference? The ID sounds good? JL sounds the same? Or both brands sound the same?
Just because I tell you Speaker A sounds good, and Speaker B sounds good, what is assumed there to say that they both sound alike? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Image Dynamics makes very good sounding subs, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse not to listen to something more expensive, because "it does the same thing for less".

People hate JL because you pay for the name more than anything. They have nice equipment, but theres comparable subs out there on the cheap.

And you can call DD overpriced compared to JL when the W7 starts setting world records.

I do notice there are quite a few of DD's and other niche brands on here for sale which have all been reconed at some point.

Is this a good or bad sign... why would quality products need to be reconed so often?

Just because I tell you Speaker A sounds good, and Speaker B sounds good, what is assumed there to say that they both sound alike? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Image Dynamics makes very good sounding subs, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse not to listen to something more expensive, because "it does the same thing for less".
They make better sounding subs than JL. It does everything a JL can do as far as SQ terms go for cheaper. That puts JL out of the game in terms of SQ, SPL, and future recone options. What foot does JL have to stand on?

I do notice there are quite a few of DD's and other niche brands on here for sale which have all been reconed at some point.
Is this a good or bad sign... why would quality products need to be reconed so often?
DDs, DC Level 4s and 5s are SPL subs. SPL guys dont care about anything except getting as loud as possible on a meter even if that means blowing your sub. Some people just dont tune right or clip the **** out of their sub and fry it. They recone to something bigger and better that they have more use for. In this case its all about personal preference and goals down the line.

If I had to buy a sub with the antitapation of needing a recone someday...they I would have to question the quality of the sub, or its intended use in the set up. A w6 is a great sub, but not meant to be in the lanes, where as the DD subs are more at home competing and competators tend to squeeze as much spl out of them, hence the market for recones.

They are both great at what they were designed to accomplish.

140dbs off 2-13 W6's and a aq2200. Not bad for a sq sub imo.

First you say there is no reason, yet you state one. Which is it? Either there is a reason or there isnt.
Anything's possible, but I'm not concerned that I can't get soft parts replacements in the event that it does.

Recones are definately a concern for some people.
Of course. The people I mentioned in my first post in this thread...

They make better sounding subs than JL. It does everything a JL can do as far as SQ terms go for cheaper. That puts JL out of the game in terms of SQ, SPL, and future recone options. What foot does JL have to stand on?
All subjective opinions...

See, you're only scraping the tip of the iceberg if you're using the "sounds better" argument.

JL has both their feet to stand on. Any audio engineer worth his salt will tell you that.

MSRP on AQ-HDC3-18- 300$ ish

MSRP on 12W7 - 1200$ ish

AQ absolutely rapes the 12w7. /thread now stfu

Jl makes good products but u can get 2-3 15s of NAME BRAND subs for the same price as 1 12.

If I had to buy a sub with the antitapation of needing a recone someday...they I would have to question the quality of the sub, or its intended use in the set up. A w6 is a great sub, but not meant to be in the lanes, where as the DD subs are more at home competing and competators tend to squeeze as much spl out of them, hence the market for recones.
They are both great at what they were designed to accomplish.

140dbs off 2-13 W6's and a aq2200. Not bad for a sq sub imo.
Did pretty much that off 1 HDC315 and the same amp.

MSRP on AQ-HDC3-18- 300$ ish
MSRP on 12W7 - 1200$ ish

AQ absolutely rapes the 12w7. /thread now stfu

Jl makes good products but u can get 2-3 15s of NAME BRAND subs for the same price as 1 12.
Where the **** did you get those prices? Ive seen BNIB JLW7s in local stores for $700-$800. NO way they would mark them down and lose money.

DDs, DC Level 4s and 5s are SPL subs. SPL guys dont care about anything except getting as loud as possible on a meter even if that means blowing your sub. Some people just dont tune right or clip the **** out of their sub and fry it. They recone to something bigger and better that they have more use for. In this case its all about personal preference and goals down the line.

Can we assume that these niche brands.. under normal daily use would NEVER need to be reconed over it's expected life usage. Obviously, needing to be reconed would add to it's overall cost which should be considered when comparing pricing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.