Whos actually heard a set of pyle subs play?

Im not worried about them lasting long. Mainly everyone that i deal with is from that certain ethnic group that plays their music at full volume and loves distortion. If anything happens with them breaking or anything, ill just say they played it too loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
ok im black and i x2 this my lil bro always managed to blow out something in my ride saying that it sounds bad in the car but you can hear it good in the store hes chillin in front of

i dont blame people for driving the volume knob into distortion a lot of people cant tell the difference only reason i know is becuase i engineer (and i can hear even the slightest distortion from a tweeter)

Im not worried about them lasting long. Mainly everyone that i deal with is from that certain ethnic group that plays their music at full volume and loves distortion. If anything happens with them breaking or anything, ill just say they played it too loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Racial stereotyping are we?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

I've heard the Pyle audiobahn flame 12s ,and they weren't that bad actually. Didn't last long though, and won't take rated power. I've also heard the Blue Wave18s in a HUGE sealed box, and they were actually loud on about 1500watts. They're still going strong after about 9mths, so I can't say too much bad about them other than the fact that they're ugly as hell

I have used them back in the early 90's. Not the best, but if you need bass on a budget, they work.

There are a lot of inexpensive subs that work decent. You just have to remember what they are and use them within their actual true limitations. . .

Brian

the old school pyle stuff was good, but the stuff made today might as well be made by pyramid...lol....

pyle does have a 21 inch sub i wouldnt mind giving a try.....:)d

I would prefer sony or kicker comps over pyle. I never delt with them but I have delt with visonics my frined called me up one day asked if I still did audio installs I said ya. So the next weekend I come out he has the fallowing.

Sony audio package includes head unit 6.5 speakers and 6x9's

2 visonic bass kits from wall-mart for 50 bucks each

and nothing else.

You know what he was putting this in a SAAB 900se turbo.Well I explained to him that none of this was worth even installing but he wanted it in so i did. He was ticked off that there was very little bass. So first thing we did was the subs went with a sony xplod powered by a 4 channel amp sub bridged for 180 watts YAAAAAY. Than upgraded the back with alpines and the fronts with polk db components and the head unit was taken out and SMASHED for a nice alpine.

Than the sub blew and he ordered a alpine 500 watt amp and bought a kenwood sub. Now the car has been gone for 5 months and he has no system in any car just in boxes lmao waiting to be put into action.

Pyle (And most any cheap sub) will work well so long as you use it within its limits. They're not going to be top-notch SQ or SPL drivers, but they work.

Why don't you just buy some good drivers that are older? You can always find Rockford HE's, HE2's, old Kicker Comps, Solo's, Lightning Audio Strike Series, ETC. on ebay for cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.