Whos actually heard a set of pyle subs play?

Ok before the flaming starts, i know ive heard nothing but bad things about pyle, but what are peoples in depth opinion about them? Lets say we have 2 pyle 12s, in the optimum box, gain set correctly and etc etc, would these not be at all comparable to even like a base line name brand sub? What exactly is so bad about them? Ive had one experience with pyle and it was in a guys like 85 nissan maximum and sounded horrible but i gave the drivers the benefit of the doubt because he had every setting on the amp maxed out (gain, lpf, bass boost, ss filter, etc.) and it was a little 2 ch sony amp. Anyway, the reason i ask is i deal with alot of people that want setups for cheap and what im selling noone is buying, so i need to go a little cheaper on the equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have some old purple surround Pyle Drivers in a prefab bandpass.... whew theyre basass!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

About 20 years ago a friend of mines had 2 12 inch Pyle Driver Pros in a sealed box running off of a 2 channel 600 watt Sherwood and it hit so hard that the CD player skipped. To day that is among the hardest hitting systems that I heard. I wouldn't use them but unless Pyle is changed it is a good budget subwoofer. Everyone used to use Pyle in the earlier days.

i havent heard them personally.. but like you said, i only hear bad about them.. if you do want cheaper things to sell i would go with sony. Very well known and i have heard a couple systems sound pretty good with 2 12" explods... pyle may be a bad choice seeing how they even look like they are built for a 5 year old...

I remember when walmart sold those Kicker CompVR look alikes

specs where the same except they were $40 at wal mart

they sounded really well and took alot of wattage

I think alot of companies do this, just change thier sticker and such

Im not worried about them lasting long. Mainly everyone that i deal with is from that certain ethnic group that plays their music at full volume and loves distortion. If anything happens with them breaking or anything, ill just say they played it too loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.