Who runs rear comps?

i use rear coaxials and I am one of the few who loves rear fill. I definitely keep my fader around 4 or so favoring the front, but with no rear fill I feel like I hear my music coming from my front speakers in a very directional manner, but with rear fill it brings my soundstage more higher and in the middle and I feel I do not know where the music is coming from. That might not make sense and sound stupid, but I guess rear fill gives me more of a transparent sound.

eddie

i use rear coaxials and I am one of the few who loves rear fill. I definitely keep my fader around 4 or so favoring the front, but with no rear fill I feel like I hear my music coming from my front speakers in a very directional manner, but with rear fill it brings my soundstage more higher and in the middle and I feel I do not know where the music is coming from. That might not make sense and sound stupid, but I guess rear fill gives me more of a transparent sound.
eddie
Yeah, I think ima go for that and see how it rolls. I'm going to do a second set of cdt m6's though in the doors. I figure I'll still have it favor the front, but it'll fill up better - and if I ever want to get loud as **** I'll be able to heh.

well what you can do is run coaxials in the rear and power them with ur amp. i'd use the fader so the front stage can be heard since thats the point of it. that should solve the problem. front stage still being the star of the show and the passengers can hear the music as well.

My front comps are fine. I don't think you've experienced what I'm talking about. When your in the backseat you have to turn up the music too loud for them to hear it as well as in the front. Then it makes conversation difficult.
want a conversation?? turn the damn volume down.

ya i understand what ur saying. but **** just turn it down if ya want to talk. easy solution and will not cost u no money. lol.
x2

Yeah me also. Im very impressed with how the by 9's midbass sound.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

If you can't hear the music in the back seat clearly, then you have work to do on your front stage.

Period.

This has never been a problem in the vehicles I've sat in with proper front stages...

If you can't hear the music in the back seat clearly, then you have work to do on your front stage.
Period.

This has never been a problem in the vehicles I've sat in with proper front stages...
Maybe. I don't have many people to compare systems to around here. I just don't see how if your speakers and tweeters are down in the bottom of your door in the front, you can ever expect your rear passengers to have the same sound experience as you in the front.

Just using logic here.

Fortunately car audio is about making yourself happy. So I'm going to give my plan a shot. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Edit: Hmm.. I bet if i ran my sound stage a lot higher it would work fine, like in the corners of the dash. Meh I'd have holes in doors then.

I say do it. I have two sets of comps in my truck and I do like the back to feel like my front. I say do what you feel because it's going to be your system.

just using logic here: who gives a **** about the passengers' sound experience. they didn't research/plan/buy/install your setup.

just using logic here: who gives a **** about the passengers' sound experience. they didn't research/plan/buy/install your setup.
uh, obviously i do or i wouldnt have made this thread? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I just don't see how if your speakers and tweeters are down in the bottom of your door in the front, you can ever expect your rear passengers to have the same sound experience as you in the front.
Well, no, the rear passengers aren't going to have the same "experience" as the front seats will, you're right...but unless you're building pods facing up at the rear seats, neither will the back seat passengers anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif With the use of time alignment, neither does the front seat passenger, anyway...

I didn't think staging was a concern for the rear seats, only volume. And that is more than enough provided you have enough dynamic range on the fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.