who has used Rainbow Profi speakers?

I've used:

SLC Kicks(passive)

CMX's(first passive, then active)

Profi Vanadium phase plugs(active)

CMX Kicks(active)

and now I'm running a set of Profi Vanadium Kicks in my front doors, with CAL25 titan tweeters in the sail panels(running active).

The Profi Vanadium phase plug and the Profi Vanadium Kick mids both provide great, balanced sound. The phase plug mids are really outstanding with the midrange detail, and have ok midbass. The Vanadium Kicks are just starting to break in now, and the midrange is very detailed also, and the midbass is REALLY starting to impress me. It's just what I was looking for out of a 6.5" mid.

What's the most you want to spend, shorty? Are you going subless? Or you have a sub(s)? Also, will you be wanting to run active or passive?

passive with sub.

was gonna spend between 200 and 300 originally i talked my self up closer to 400 and 500

passive with sub.was gonna spend between 200 and 300 originally i talked my self up closer to 400 and 500
Man, with those things in mind, I'd recommend going for a set of the Germaniums. That's the one set that I haven't owned in that price range, but I've always seen people that own them rave about them. I believe they're the only set out of the bunch that has bi-ampable crossover capability, also. You can probably get them from authorized from one of the dealers on the forums for right around $400.

The only real reason I never tried those is because they come with the CAL25 VOF silk tweeter. I'm partial to a metal tweeter, myself.

Man, with those things in mind, I'd recommend going for a set of the Germaniums. That's the one set that I haven't owned in that price range, but I've always seen people that own them rave about them. I believe they're the only set out of the bunch that has bi-ampable crossover capability, also. You can probably get them from authorized from one of the dealers on the forums for right around $400.
The only real reason I never tried those is because they come with the CAL25 VOF silk tweeter. I'm partial to a metal tweeter, myself.
Germs are a lower line then the Profis tho and I can afford the Profi.

Germs are a lower line then the Profis tho and I can afford the Profi.
True, in the Rainbow 'lineup', the Germs are always listed below the Profi lines. I wish a Rainbow dealer that's used both of those lines would chime in on the differences between the two for you.

I'm not too sure you can get a set of the Profi's for $500, unless they're used.

What kinds of music you like? You like midrange detail, or is midbass a little more important to you? You like a silk tweeter, or you can go with a metal tweeter, if the deal's right?

I listen to literally every type of music but country. Tweeter eh i can deal with metal.

A dealer I was talking to was the one to talk me into the profis. I was just looking for input from the sq guys here

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

nobody around here can help with car audio?

If this was a post with boobs there would be 1000 replies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.