Who Competes?

Oh yeah, and the people that consider themselves sound quality are the hardest to bring out. Their automatic excuse is "well its subjective it sounds good in my opinion" but the judging standards are clear enough for fair, consistent judging.
But keep hope aive my man! I believe the competition scene can gro and be like the old days again if we judges and event directors put the time and effort into promoting and getting sponsors
There lies the problem. Promoting costs money no matter how you look at it. I have been doing this for many years and this is and always will be an issue. Most shows put on by a store/manufacturer raise next to no money for them self. They gain awareness which will net some funding, but not much. So then you look into sponsors or selling vendor spaces to help cover costs. However, unless you have a solid show with a good turn out you are less likely to do well with a sponsor or vendors. It is a very tough road to travel down when you are doing these events.

I have helped some of the most successful events ever and some of the worst. In all honesty it will boil down to participation and if you have a backer to keep up the show for a few years to get some type of recognition to gain sponsors and vendors.

With all that in mind there are tricks to getting events going and getting a large crowd. You just have to know the right people or at the very least be able to pick up a phone and make some calls with the right offers.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Who are you again?
No one it would seem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

There lies the problem. Promoting costs money no matter how you look at it. I have been doing this for many years and this is and always will be an issue. Most shows put on by a store/manufacturer raise next to no money for them self. They gain awareness which will net some funding, but not much. So then you look into sponsors or selling vendor spaces to help cover costs. However, unless you have a solid show with a good turn out you are less likely to do well with a sponsor or vendors. It is a very tough road to travel down when you are doing these events.
I have helped some of the most successful events ever and some of the worst. In all honesty it will boil down to participation and if you have a backer to keep up the show for a few years to get some type of recognition to gain sponsors and vendors.

With all that in mind there are tricks to getting events going and getting a large crowd. You just have to know the right people or at the very least be able to pick up a phone and make some calls with the right offers.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

No one it would seem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Word up, meca's most recognizeable event is getting dropped tis year due to it losing money wtf

Word up, meca's most recognizeable event is getting dropped tis year due to it losing money wtf
I have reached out to Meca a few times but we never could make arrangements for anything. I hate to see shows die off no matter what org or who runs them. No matter what a show fading away hurts the hobby/sport as a whole.

I was a competitor in USACI. I was very successful. I am probably switching to MECA for the coming year. They have closer shows and they had some bad business going on at finals in 2010. Very unprofessional things. I am hoping the hard work I put into my vehicle will have a fair chance to pay off. I am looking forward to competing again.

And Steve turned you down?
Chuck
There is a longer story to it then it being as simple as yes/no to any answer involving meca. Not really the place on a public forum for that discussion and it is more "private" if you will then to be discussed.

I was a competitor in USACI. I was very successful. I am probably switching to MECA for the coming year. They have closer shows and they had some bad business going on at finals in 2010. Very unprofessional things. I am hoping the hard work I put into my vehicle will have a fair chance to pay off. I am looking forward to competing again.
USACi as any other org has setbacks and issues. Many of them are being ironed out as they go along. Some other "wrinkles" were just found though.

i don't compete because i don't have the money, time or resources to be competitive. but i do like to know a little bit of something to show my friends whats up and have a nice sounding system (to me)

i don't compete because i don't have the money, time or resources to be competitive. but i do like to know a little bit of something to show my friends whats up and have a nice sounding system (to me)
This is another issue that needs to addressed. In order to keep the sport growing new people have to feel that they can come in and win their respective classes with out much money or tons of builds to get it done. This is needed to get them into the scene and to get "bit by the bug" which will drive them to want to do more and build more and be a part of the shows and make friends with in the show scene.

This is another issue that needs to addressed. In order to keep the sport growing new people have to feel that they can come in and win their respective classes with out much money or tons of builds to get it done. This is needed to get them into the scene and to get "bit by the bug" which will drive them to want to do more and build more and be a part of the shows and make friends with in the show scene.
dont MOST orgs have like an amatuer class?

dont MOST orgs have like an amatuer class?
yes they do, but it is very misleading most of the time.

I encourage anyone who has ever remotely even considered it running in the lanes SPL/SQ what ever, to try it at least once. Many times you find that it is not for you, others will love it.

However, be sure to mingle with people. Don't just sit by your car and do nothing and talk to no one. Most of the people at shows are friendly and are there to have a good time and also encourage new people to come and hang out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stereo_luver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stereo_luver
kennesaw, GA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date