Whining, buzzing sound in speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbhs1

Alright to start things off I just installed a 2 cchannel punch 360a2 in my truck to run my door speakers off of. The truck is a 2003 SSilverado ext cab, with a boss double din radio with a schoche gm200 kit. Cheap stuff I know. But anyways both power wires and remote wires are ran on the drivers side of the truck and the RCA s are ran on the passenger side. The problem is that I have a buzzing sound coming out of my speakers when in acc mode. Then when I turn the truck on it become louder( alternator whine), but if I turn the key off the radio will still be on for 5 to 10 seconds and the buzz goes away and music becomes completely clear. Its got me stumped.

By the way forgive me for the run on sentences and misspelled words. Im typing on my droid lol

Any help is appreciated

Alright to start things off I just installed a 2 cchannel punch 360a2 in my truck to run my door speakers off of. The truck is a 2003 SSilverado ext cab, with a boss double din radio with a schoche gm200 kit. Cheap stuff I know. But anyways both power wires and remote wires are ran on the drivers side of the truck and the RCA s are ran on the passenger side. The problem is that I have a buzzing sound coming out of my speakers when in acc mode. Then when I turn the truck on it become louder( alternator whine), but if I turn the key off the radio will still be on for 5 to 10 seconds and the buzz goes away and music becomes completely clear. Its got me stumped.

By the way forgive me for the run on sentences and misspelled words. Im typing on my droid lol

Any help is appreciated
sigh...

Maybe, maybe not... kinda weird it goes away like that, first thing I would try is to reground the head unit by it self and see if it helps. Than usual noise stuff, check the amp ground just to be safe, it should be on bare metal close to the chassis, than try a new rca cable don't have to run it just lay it in the car from deck to the amp. Maybe use a line output converter to get the rca signal from the speaker wires coming off the deck to isolate the problem to the rca outputs

Unaware on what you were talking about when you say line out converter to get the signal from the speaker wires. The way I have it set up the speakers wires are all tied into the factory speaker wires behind the deck then ran through the truck. Its weird because the radio works fine after I pull the key out and let it play till I open the door. You a miscer Brah I see your screen name lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.