Whine help

Protostar

MI
I used the search and took in some advice. I still cant fix it..

I took some people's advice from the board and found a new ground.

1) had both amps grounded to a screw in the trunk right next to the trunk. (whine)

2) changed the trunk ground and put them both to the seatbelt bolt. (still a whine)

3) have one going to the trunk and one going to the seatbelt bolt. (still a whine)

My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with the grounds.

I have a Rockford Fosgate 250.2 going to 2 Sony Explod 10"s.

I have a MTX 4244 4 channel going to my interior.

I have a Kenwood Excelon KDC-x915 HU that calls for a external amp... so i have the MTX amp.

I have noticed that whenever I plug in or pull out the rca's going to my MTX, the noise will get louder sometimes... sometimes it gets more quiet... I'm at a loss for ideas... can anyone help me out??

Aaron

then it must be the RCA's. most people will tell you not to run the power wire near the RCA. i don't believe it, but you can try if you want.

how long is your ground wire?

Originally posted by GSteg then it must be the RCA's. most people will tell you not to run the power wire near the RCA. i don't believe it, but you can try if you want.

how long is your ground wire?
maybe the RCA's. it seemslikely butthere are a few other things you may try first.

first re do all the remote wires. if it still happens get some extra RCA's and run them rightoff theback of the head unit throwem over the back seat and into the amp. just to see if it is in fact the rca's. if that stops the whine then its your rca's. now while replacing first take them out and hook them up ust like you did to test them to see if it was the rca's or the way they were run under the carpet etc. if you throw the over the seat and there is still a whine, you have faulty rca's.

i'd suggest taking a look at the ground on the head unit.....and the seat bolt ground spot is a bad ground to start w/......but see about changing the ground on your h/u....usually helps alot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.