Which Zapco?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dirtypool
10+ year member

I see that there are many different lines for Zapco amps.

There is the older Studio line, the Reference Series, and the Competition series. They also have a newer line of imports but I cant remember the name at the moment.

Is the studio the same as the newer reference line? It seems that the competition series is 1 ohm stable. Is that the only difference?

Just trying to figure out where to spend my money. Will probably buy used.

Thanks.

Rob

I'm not totally sure about the studio line, but I do believe that it is the older reference line.

Competition amps have double the capicitors they need, so they should never blow up on ya, while the reference only have 60% more =P Comp amps also have a clip indicator and come with a symbilink cable.

I, personally, think the competition series is over priced, the guy in town that sells them, however, swears they sound better than the reference. I suspect the extra $100 or 2 that he makes in comission might influence his line of thinking. On the other hand there are a lot of professionals/competitors that do use them and love them. So, if you have the money I'm sure they're great and worth it, if you're on a budget, though, the reference line isn't bad at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.