which woofers match well with current box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jungstah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys, i currently have a 3.5 cu ported box tuned at 37hz for two 12's, im looking at getting either 2 sdc2.5's or maybe 2 skar vvx's. would either of these subs work well in my current box? i also read that the aq cant get low, is that true? or is it all enclosure dependent... sometimes i read so much im not even sure what's true or just "i heard ___" type things lol.

lol, sorry mylows. i'd love to get those, but i dont have the money for em, im looking at $250-$350 for a pair of 12's so i'm pretty set on these two, but i am just curious whether i can keep my box or if i need to build one.

thanks villeza! you think they would be able to handle a hifonics brz1700? or would that amp be too fat for them since the rated power is 600 watts?

thanks villeza! you think they would be able to handle a hifonics brz1700? or would that amp be too fat for them since the rated power is 600 watts?
Those rating are conservative, they can handle more power. Just make sure that the signal isn't clipped and voltage doesn't drop too low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.