Which tv?

240hz ftw
i'll keep my CRT until it dies. hopefully by the time it does die they will have something better out there. what the pictures in that link i posted show are unacceptable to me, especially for gaming.

what good is 1080p (over 1080i) when you have lag and motion blur like that?

copied and pasted from that same thread:

"Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but improving motion performance by reducing the duty cycle comes at the cost of introducing flicker. CRT might have the best motion performance but also has the most obvious flicker. The tradeoff will always exist unless massive amounts of interpolated frames are used.

For instance a 240Hz LCD with interpolation will have great motion performance without any flicker but it also means that 90% of the frames will be calculated when fed a 24Hz signal(yikes)"

Ummm... I have an LCD and I experience no such lag when pwning on teh FPS...
I mean, was that all taken with a 1/1000th camera... WHOGIVESAFUCK?

nG
yes it was, that is true. but if you watch the the two quick little videos you can see how jumpy the lcd is compared to the crt. the crt looks really clean smooth while the lcd looks a bit jumpy.

any one seen the new pioneer lcd tvs i want to get one of them just because all my home audio is pioneer except for my vcr and my DC box

They're actually Plasma //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And are pretty much the best you can buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

.::DuD3::.

10+ year member
EE in training
.::DuD3::.
Chesafreak, Va
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date