Which subwoofer to add to my setup

AGame615

Tennessee
ok so right now i am running a single memphis 15-mojo512d4 "mojo 12" and i have many subs lying around i have installed and taken out but i am looking for another one now to add to the truck so which subwoofer would any of you recommend running with the memphis mojo i wasnt to run a pair but not a pair of mojos anyway im looking for something that handles around the same rms 1100 watts could be a lil more or a lil less doesnt matter i have a ton of amps laying around so i will be able to hook up any sub and provide the wattage needed at any ohm load anyway thanks for the suggestions and no they will not be sharing the same enclosure if they do they will be in seperate chambers

Sorry for the run on post i hate using punctuation but if it is to hard to read i will do so LOL

i hate taking time to make everything perfect on forums i'd rather type a run on sentence and get it over with.... and FYI....i'd Love to know what the problem with running a different subwoofer with my memphis mojo hell i ran my mojo for loud low bass and ran a 12 inch alpine type s sealed for the higher frequency bass notes and some old school nakamichi 8's for the midbass sounded great as a matter of fact i love joining a forum and people posting things like "this is going to be good" as if i am asking a noob question i do not know everything about car audio by any means but i have been messing with car audio since i was around 15 years old and im 33 now so i know a little bit and if you would like for me to use perfect correct punctuation hell i will if it bothers you punctuation nazis anyway i swap out subwoofers so much that i doubt i will run the mojo and another sub at the same time very long i plan on running a single SA zv4 15 or an X15 because i love loud low bass im not trying to build an spl monster or anything hell the single mojo in the enclosure i have it in now is doing a 143.6 and it s run @ 2 ohm on the DTR i have not clamped to see the output @ 2 Ohms and i dont know anyone that knows the RMS power @ 2 ohms for the dtr 3400 and that is also @ 33 hz i have it tuned to 28 hz at the moment i know @ 1 ohm it does 2200 and @ .5 ohm 3400 and i know i could do better with some sound deadner and such because i have way to much flex in the panels and have 0 sound deadner...... again all answers are appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
you've been in audio since you were 15, and still don't know you can't run mismatched subs??

srvosAG.gif

you've been in audio since you were 15, and still don't know you can't run mismatched subs??
srvosAG.gif
That's exactly what I was thinking.. I mean when you were 15 im sure it was okay because you didn't know what you were doing. Kids in highschool do the **** all the time because they think it's correct.. No

I work for a highschool and I hear the annoying sht all the time. "Yeah doote I got 2 10s and a 12 in my car, it slams and sounds so good" go away.

That's exactly what I was thinking.. I mean when you were 15 im sure it was okay because you didn't know what you were doing. Kids in highschool do the **** all the time because they think it's correct.. No
I work for a highschool and I hear the annoying sht all the time. "Yeah doote I got 2 10s and a 12 in my car, it slams and sounds so good" go away.

Ok for the people like you two who have not a single clue what the hell you are talking about these subwoofers will not be in the same enclosure they will not be ran off of the same amplifier and they will not be tuned to the same frequency and apparently you folks have not seen many installs at all so it is like this the mojo is going to be tuned low not any lower than it is now.. it is (tuned @ 28 Hz) and whatever sub i choose to add will be tuned higher for the higher frequencies) i figured i would ask if you folks had any recommendations of another subwoofer that would work well with the mojo sound well with it i am thinking maybe a sound stream spl HF 12 that way i have the low loud frequencies i need and a lil bit of the higher range also again this is not the first time i have done this i have done it a ton in SQ builds anyway i find it hilarious how you kids try to make someone feel like they are ignorant for doing something you "think" ins't right when in all reality it is a great way to gain a wider range o frequencies in your build i guess i could always use another mojo 12 but if any of you have heard or used the mojo 5 series they really do not like the higher frequencies all that much at all especially once you have loosened the suspension up really good the thing loves the low notes and gets very very loud doing so anyway if you have any suggestions let me know if you want to argue that im doing the wrong thing or whatever well then do not post i could care less i just do not want or need another memphis mojo and also as stated my setup will change atleast every 2-3 months depending on how well i like what i am hearing i mean if you folks do not know of another sub you think would sound well playing along with the mojo that is cool i will just go with whatever i am trying this week thanks :p

Ok for the people like you two who have not a single clue what the hell you are talking about these subwoofers will not be in the same enclosure they will not be ran off of the same amplifier and they will not be tuned to the same frequency and apparently you folks have not seen many installs at all so it is like this the mojo is going to be tuned low not any lower than it is now.. it is (tuned @ 28 Hz) and whatever sub i choose to add will be tuned higher for the higher frequencies) i figured i would ask if you folks had any recommendations of another subwoofer that would work well with the mojo sound well with it i am thinking maybe a sound stream spl HF 12 that way i have the low loud frequencies i need and a lil bit of the higher range also again this is not the first time i have done this i have done it a ton in SQ builds anyway i find it hilarious how you kids try to make someone feel like they are ignorant for doing something you "think" ins't right when in all reality it is a great way to gain a wider range o frequencies in your build i guess i could always use another mojo 12 but if any of you have heard or used the mojo 5 series they really do not like the higher frequencies all that much at all especially once you have loosened the suspension up really good the thing loves the low notes and gets very very loud doing so anyway if you have any suggestions let me know if you want to argue that im doing the wrong thing or whatever well then do not post i could care less i just do not want or need another memphis mojo and also as stated my setup will change atleast every 2-3 months depending on how well i like what i am hearing i mean if you folks do not know of another sub you think would sound well playing along with the mojo that is cool i will just go with whatever i am trying this week thanks :p
I mean you just keep doing you homie. But no matter what forum you go to noone will tell you to mix and match subs. It doesn't matter if it's in the same box or not, the same amp or not. If you want something that play different frequencies then do some research and find a good all around sub. But like I said, you do you. If it sounds good to you by putting a couple 8's 10's and 12's in your car, you do it. Noone can stop you. But all you're going to get from most forums is hate. Have a great day.

I will continue to do me no mater what i have won many SQ comps using this method i learned it long ago... might i also add i have never seen 2 exact subwoofers have the exact small thiele parameters one is always different in some way hell the subs i see most of the people nut hugging now days are all **** near made exactly the same each company has different lines made exactly like the next companies lines hell i could run an american bass XD and a Sound Qubed hdc3 together those things are made identical LOL i have not tested the parameters but i would not care to load one of each into a shared enclosure and seriously doubt i' have any problems and it'd probably sound as if i had of the same subs as far as doing my research i can probably tell you every parameter of every single subwoofer on the market today so research is not what i need to do at all i could build an enclosure to get a good well rounded range of frequencies sure but i want to be really loud in a certain range of frequencies with 2 subwoofers one lower one higher i suppose my expertise in enclosure design is what allows me to do so and keep it sounding great at the same time either way im going to do me so if you do not want to suggest a subwoofer something i might not have heard of or just something you know woul be good for what i plan on doing if you agree or not leave a reply otherwise keep all the you shouldn't do this bullcrap to yourself it has been done for a long time and i am going to continue to do it as well so pleae feel free to comment but im not going to argue over the stuff i enjoy car audio i didnt ask to argue althought i have read enough posts from here i knew some of you would post these exact things anyway have a good one and let me know what you think about another sub

And to add to that if you want suggest a good subwoofer for my next build thought about going with 4 PSI 8's or maybe 4 VFL 8's but it will be 4 8 inch build i am in a regular cab truck so it has to be one large sub 2 12's at most 1 15 or 18 but im thinking a 4 8 inch build is what im wanting because i have already went through many large single sub builds with Fi,SA,Memphis,Earthquake,SQ and last was DC so let me know about that as well there is no budget just whatever you think..... but still stick to OP also please

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.