Which Subwoofer should I get?

crwys

I'm looking at the Hifonics Brutus BRZ15D4 15" Woofer DVC 4 Ohm and the Kicker 11S15L7D2 15 Solo-Baric L7 Car Subwoofer 2 OHM DVC off amazon.

Both have really good reviews, however the Kicker cost much more. I'm thinking you get what you pay for, but if this isn't the case, I would like to know.

As you can see i'm willing to spend just about anything for my sub. I basically want the best 15' I can get. If I can get some recommendations on which sub I should get (or if you know a better one, post the link). And if you could post a link to the amp, cables and box I should get that would be amazing too.

Thank you for the help everyone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Neither of these. What are your goals? Sound good or just loud or a combination of both? It would also be good to know what kind of car/truck it's going into, what space you have in cubic ft. and if you're going to be doing electrical upgrades. If not, you're probably going to want to keep the wattage somewhat low. Around a maximum of 1000-1200 watts rms.

There's literally 1000's of 15's and I'd suggest a couple just need a little more info.

Ah sorry, I tried to include everything I thought was important.

I want something that sounds good but will shake my whole car, so I guess both.

It is going in the trunk of a 1999 Lexus ES 300.

I may do an electrical upgrade if necessary.

1,000's of 15s? I can barely find 10 15's on amazon lol.

I have a little over 19.5 inches of height to work with in my trunk for the box.

If you could measure the dimensions of the biggest box you can possibly fit in your trunk that would give us a good idea of the total cuft you have to work with.

And just an estimate of your total budget for sub amp and wires because there is so many options to chose from with car audio.

I would check out sonic electronix sound solutions audio and online car stereo to get an idea of pricing and stuff.

There are much better options as far as subs go than those 2 with a little more info Im sure someone can recommend you a great setup

Id throw a pair of 12s in rather than one 15.It would be easier to get a Dead on/speced built box /resulting in better performance for the 12s/or even a pair of heavy tens than a single 15 in that trunk space..Just my 00.2 cents

Id throw a pair of 12s in rather than one 15.It would be easier to get a Dead on/speced built box /resulting in better performance for the 12s/or even a pair of heavy tens than a single 15 in that trunk space..Just my 00.2 cents

I totally agree besides the smaller sub gives a better all around sound. SSA ICON, SA or X series from Sundown, SQ HDC 3.0, C@ 4's are releasing soon. Look on Sonic Electronix, onlinecarstereo, WoofersETC, the classifieds in the forum would be a great starting point

American Bass - VFL 4480.1D

Im running Two of these amps/one on ea set of 12s. But,Just one of these amps, and a set of the American Bass 12s, and a good built box/ported,and good electrical, and youll sound great, as well as rattle everything around you ,no problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.