Which settings should be in control?

Participant count
  • Participant list

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey guys

I have a pioneer deck which I use an external player on for my music and I also have an in-dash pioneer eq-7000.

Now the deck has a crap load of settings as well as the eq.

Which unit should I be using as the main settings? Even volume control. Where should I set the mp3 volume

at and do I strictly use the decks volume? Also eq settings. Should the mp3 player be set at flat as well as the deck and strictly use the external eq for that?

Theres a lot of varibles and combinations that can get confusing at times. Then you have the amp settings which are for different purposes but still need to be set right.

Is there a list of tips when using two or three pieces of equipment together?

Any helpful tips would be greatly apprciated thanks!

use the eq if you want but there an easy way to clip signals but if you want to keep it set all hu eq settings to flat 0db then adjust through the external eq ( I recommend going into the neg when adjusting, say there's too much highs instead of cranking all the hz settings up above 0 try reducing the khz settings lower)this will help in avoiding clipping as for the mp3 player I can't really help you there I use an Ipod and compatible deck.

Ok thx. Say volume now. When youre using your hu volume where should the aux players vloume be set at?

I guess i can set the aux player eq/bass/treble to all flat

Ok thx. Say volume now. When youre using your hu volume where should the aux players vloume be set at?
I guess i can set the aux player eq/bass/treble to all flat
that can be adjusted safely up and down small amounts it's to make up for recording and playback levels across different sources.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.