which set of subs for HIFONICS BX1800D BRUTUS

now would the MT be a better comparison to the DP if the DP is more SPL? the XXX is a SQL sub.... Sure it can get loud but it is a SQL SUB. the MT on the other hand........ well we all know....

Ok, let's address the regurgitation/mis-conceptions/BULLSHIT in this thread so far...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cop.gif.57eb2cc10a7efd04d31083ca3c30d53c.gif Hmmm...you've never had experience with both the DP!! Popularity contest...
Im not the one throwing out numbers like 10k watts without ever having actually tried, to know if what you're saying is true or not. You are the one claiming the DP handles more power than the XXX, when the specs say otherwise, by alot. Etc. The things Ive stated, yes even the comment that the DP wont beat out the XXX in SQL, were strictly opinion answers. You throw out number's you've pulled out of your ass and act as if they are fact.

I dont need to have heard a DP to see the specs clearly give the edge to the XXX is distortion output, power handling (eventhough you claim otherwise in your post, falsely), and frankly in the SPL numbers that Ive seen for both drivers so far. Im simply asking for some reasons/proof why you claim the opposite of what the specs show. Care to?

Did i say that a higher BL is always a good thing? NO! You asked how i was coming to my conclusions...i answered! A few reasons the DP may be louder than the XXX is a higher BL, greater power handling (burp/competition wise).
Also, the DP WILL take more for burps. Let's see...how many PURE competition vehicles do you see using XXX's?!?!?!? None that i know of...and i mean...like going to finals in their respective organization...souly competition vehicle. Let's see, Team Bada Bing used 5 quad coil DP's with FOUR modded mtx 81000d's EACH! Hmmm...that's not a lot of power! Neither is any of the other competition vehicles they DP's have been in with kilowatts of power.

I wouldn't want to send 10k watts to a XXX even for a burp...that's what the MT is for.

I ask the same of you? You just going with the popular XXX?!?!?!?!?!
Quite a mouthful there. No, you didn't say a higher BL is always a good thing. But when I asked how you came to your conclusions, you said it was due to a higher BL. Well if a higher BL isn't always a good thing or a benefit, why would you list that as your reason its better? I was looking for some actual tests to back up your claim, because as I said they dont parallel what the specs imply.

The DP has better power handling? For burps and competitions? Where are you getting that info? Again, you've tested the drivers to find out? The manufacturers specs clearly show the XXX as rated for more power than the DP, by a substantial margin. And Im sure you aren't going to try to tell us RE overrates the XXX. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

You throw around claims of 10,000 watts and that the DP will beat out the XXX in output at any power level, yet you admit you dont own a DP (but have messed with a few installs), haven't tested them (certainly not tested both subs at 10,000 watts, this magical number you keep throwing out), claim the DP handles more power when the specs say otherwise, and yet you call foul on me for disbelieving it because I have not installed a DP? lol Pot calling the kettle black bud.

Why would I see pure competition vehicles using XXX's when RE builds the MT, which is suited specifically for that? The fact you dont see XXX's in many SPL installs does not mean the DP handles more power. Nice job jumping to a conclusion though.

I wouldn't want to send 10k watts to a XXX even for a burp...that's what the MT is for.
And the fact that RE builds MT's specifically for SPL reflects on the XXX's specific power handling how?

You talk a good game, but in the end its just opinion. You throw out numbers like 10k watts, say the DP handles more power when the specs say otherwise. If there's alot of ******** in this thread, your hands aren't exactly clean.

you know i have not messed with either the RE XXX or the DP. but you two guys have been throwing around the DP like it was gods gift to subs. saying its better than this and better than that. well i am happy you think that way but when the evidence clearly points the other way... i am not saying nothing bad its just MHO.

ummm... audioholic, did you miss the part where ngsm informs you that people have run four MTX 81000d's to a DP?

thats about 7000 watts right? it may not be 10,000 but thats a whole hell of a lot

bringing the MT into this is just stupid, it's not a XXX or a DP so just ignore it

I didn't miss it. Its not 10k watts, Ive yet to see someone say they could or couldn't run this much power to a XXX, so I dont see its relevance. Care to explain what I missed?

Again where is this idea the DP handles more coming from? Where is this idea that a DP has more output at all power levels coming from? Someone somewhere once hooked 4 8100d's to DP's, so that was the test that proves the DP handles more, and output's more at all power levels? I would think the test to prove such statements would be a head to head test, at different power levels. How am I wrong?

I also have no idea why the MT was brought up. *shrug*

the DPs HAVE taken 16kw burps before, 10kw + is not some number hes pulling out of his ass...
And a brahama took 32kW for a burp, which uses the same motor as an XXX.....tell me something impressive now.

The point to mention is that he's saying a DP is a better choice for a daily SQL and defending it by saying there is A competition vehicle that put 7,000 watts to each DP. He's pointing out nothing of any relevance what-so-ever to the topic at hand.

And a brahama took 32kW for a burp, which uses the same motor as an XXX.....tell me something impressive now.
The point to mention is that he's saying a DP is a better choice for a daily SQL and defending it by saying there is A competition vehicle that put 7,000 watts to each DP. He's pointing out nothing of any relevance what-so-ever to the topic at hand.
The brahma does NOT use the same motor as the XXX

The motor doesnt determine the power handling. The coil plays a much larger role in what the sub can take for a burp.

I was just saying that because it seems he doesnt think the DP is capable of taking a 10kw burp...

The brahma does NOT use the same motor as the XXX
The motor doesnt determine the power handling. The coil plays a much larger role in what the sub can take for a burp.

I was just saying that because it seems he doesnt think the DP is capable of taking a 10kw burp...
Where did I say a DP can or cannot take 7000 watts, 10,000 watts or any other number? What Ive said all along is how can you say the DP takes more without having tested them to find out.

As for the XXX not using the same motor as the Brahma, its true. They use the same motor design, not the same motor. The XXX motor actually handles more power than a Brahma.

We can all throw out ridiculously large numbers, amounts subs have taken for a fraction of a second in some specialty SPL rig. But until someone does a head to head comparison, I think comments like 'will beat it at any power level' and that the DP handles more power, when its specs say it handles 25% less, are completely speculation and opinion. But some people like presenting speculation and opinion as fact. Im just trying to find out why a few people are throwing around quantitative info (like 10kw, winning at any power level, etc) without having done the testing to gain this quantitative data.

the DPs HAVE taken 16kw burps before, 10kw + is not some number hes pulling out of his ass...
The fact that you know of someone who has does not mean he didn't pull it out of his ass. He never explained where he got the 10kw from. *shrug*

Its not really relevant anyway, unless a XXX is also tested along side it.

I seriously believe the dp can get louder at almost any power.

dp has a higher fs and lighter moving mass,it's gonna be easier to get the dp moving

as far as sql goes I'd get the xxx sealed or low tuned ported,get the dp if you going to tune your enclosure 33 or higher.XXX is a very loud sub,but mostly in the low end.

I seriously believe the dp can get louder at almost any power.dp has a higher fs and lighter moving mass,it's gonna be easier to get the dp moving

as far as sql goes I'd get the xxx sealed or low tuned ported,get the dp if you going to tune your enclosure 33 or higher.XXX is a very loud sub,but mostly in the low end.
actually, the DP has a quad stiff spider, the suspension is a bit stiffer than the XXX's is. I *think* the XXX has a tripple soft spider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.