Which RCAS to get?

Participant count
  • Participant list
NEW Minidsp c-dsp 6x8 - Page 22 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Thats the thread you want to read. page 21 and onwards has to do with connecting android. I recommend reading the whole thread though. lots of good info.

For whatever reason it wont let me post the direct link but just google :MUSE USB DAC PCM2704:

Thats the adapter but you need an adapter before that. its called a OTG cable. It lets your android act as a host. its like 5$

First-timers guide to measuring your system - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

That will take you some time to understand but once you do, its super easy

android phone to

otg-4-en-276x300.png

then this

USB-2-A-Male-B-Male-6-FT-1.jpg

which goes to this

61phZxSQSDL._SL1200_.jpg

and converts it to a SPDIF signal which you use a simple coaxial cable to the CDSP

NEW Minidsp c-dsp 6x8 - Page 22 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
Thats the thread you want to read. page 21 and onwards has to do with connecting android. I recommend reading the whole thread though. lots of good info.

For whatever reason it wont let me post the direct link but just google :MUSE USB DAC PCM2704:

Thats the adapter but you need an adapter before that. its called a OTG cable. It lets your android act as a host. its like 5$

First-timers guide to measuring your system - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

That will take you some time to understand but once you do, its super easy

android phone to ]

and converts it to a SPDIF signal which you use a simple coaxial cable to the CDSP
did some reading into the minidsp seems like a good buy for my situation beats doing 3 runs of rcas to the back and being able to do digital EQ to each channel seems like a no brainer I will need 4 rca outputs aswell when I get my new amps.. I had an idea of running a 15 ft usb cable to the trunk and doing a short run of a 3ft coaxial cable to the cdsp would that be a better idea? or should I just do a short usb cable and a 15~ ft coaxial to the trunk for this. Just a thought.

also the only place I could find the cdsp for sale was on their site

another note the rated output of the cdsp is only 2v rms for the rcas do you think a line driver will be needed? 2v seems a little low

did some reading into the minidsp seems like a good buy for my situation beats doing 3 runs of rcas to the back and being able to do digital EQ to each channel seems like a no brainer I will need 4 rca outputs aswell when I get my new amps.. I had an idea of running a 15 ft usb cable to the trunk and doing a short run of a 3ft coaxial cable to the cdsp would that be a better idea? or should I just do a short usb cable and a 15~ ft coaxial to the trunk for this. Just a thought.
Be sure to get the cdsp, not the minidsp.

Id do short usb and long coaxial

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

the last this is the control for volume would be from my phone then right? since there would be no HU etc edit :

scratch that I see it comes with a remote! very good.

and this is where Im looking to buy right?

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8
Yuppp though read that thread. Especially the pages I told you. There is an app that is talked about that bypasses the crappy android DACs. The 2volt thing is talked about in the thread. Just read it. Itll answer anything you wanna know

Yuppp
thanks for all your help, I'm pretty hyped about this tbh I always wanted to mess around with a digital EQ like the rf 360.3 ect. but they were always to expensive. I'm just hoping their shipping won't take too long. I have a blue snowball usb mic.. do you recommend I buy their 75$ mic to do the auto EQing stuff? or maybe just trying messing around with my mic first to save some money.. I look forward to see how this will all sound if you want I can keep you posted on how it goes via pm/snapchat or somthing

edit: I saw the app and the 2v thing people say its underrated I was just bringing it up i'm ordering everything now!

thanks for all your help, I'm pretty hyped about this tbh I always wanted to mess around with a digital EQ like the rf 360.3 ect. but they were always to expensive. I'm just hoping their shipping won't take too long. I have a blue snowball usb mic.. do you recommend I buy their 75$ mic to do the auto EQing stuff? or maybe just trying messing around with my mic first to save some money.. I look forward to see how this will all sound if you want I can keep you posted on how it goes via pm/snapchat or somthing
As long as your mic is accurate then I dont see an issue using it. Alot of mics need to be calibrated or come with a calibration file. Usb mics cant be used for impulse time alignment so keep that in mind but you can use a cheap aux ended mic for that.

Read up on holmimpulse subwoofer time alignment.

Ive heard the shipping is really fast. I have the umik, it works great and I had it calibrated professionally so woot. Diyma forums has tons and tons of info and help with tuning. Your best bet is to get acquinted with those forums. Caraudio.com is more of a spl oriented crowd but they are the ones to ask about electrical questions.

Read the manual front to back on the site for the c-dsp. There are certain things worth knowing in it.

As long as your mic is accurate then I dont see an issue using it. Alot of mics need to be calibrated or come with a calibration file. Usb mics cant be used for impulse time alignment so keep that in mind but you can use a cheap aux ended mic for that.
Read up on holmimpulse subwoofer time alignment.

Ive heard the shipping is really fast. I have the umik, it works great and I had it calibrated professionally so woot. Diyma forums has tons and tons of info and help with tuning. Your best bet is to get acquinted with those forums. Caraudio.com is more of a spl oriented crowd but they are the ones to ask about electrical questions.
I can't thank you enough haha you seem to know your stuff. just ordered the cdsp looking for a good 15ft coaxial now thinking of grabbing a quad shielded one. Going to be fun learning about and messing around with this thing!

I can't thank you enough haha you seem to know your stuff. just ordered the cdsp looking for a good 15ft coaxial now thinking of grabbing a quad shielded one. Going to be fun learning about and messing around with this thing!
Idk if you know this or not but shielded anything is more preventive than anything else. There is absolutely ZERO sound quality difference between a 10$ walmart rca and a 10000$ rca. Its all fancy shielding and durable material and good aesthetics.

If your system has its wiring correct with rcas away from EM fields caused by current through a conductor(or inductance or whatever its called) then you will be just fine.

So dont spent obnoxious amounts of over shielded cables. Get shielded yes but dont go overboard

Idk if you know this or not but shielded anything is more preventive than anything else. There is absolutely ZERO sound quality difference between a 10$ walmart rca and a 10000$ rca. Its all fancy shielding and durable material and good aesthetics.
If your system has its wiring correct with rcas away from EM fields caused by current through a conductor(or inductance or whatever its called) then you will be just fine.

So dont spent obnoxious amounts of over shielded cables. Get shielded yes but dont go overboard
I see thanks for the info, I'm pretty new to the scene as you can probably tell but I want to defiantly get more experienced I wasn't going to go for anything more than 20$ I was reading on the forum thread to go for a quad shield that's why do you think this will do? Amazon.com: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Digital Audio Coaxial Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with RCA to RCA Gold-Plated Connectors - Black - (Part# CJ15-6BR-G2 ): Home Audio & Theater

I see thanks for the info, I'm pretty new to the scene as you can probably tell but I want to defiantly get more experienced I wasn't going to go for anything more than 20$ I was reading on the forum thread to go for a quad shield that's why do you think this will do? Amazon.com: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Digital Audio Coaxial Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with RCA to RCA Gold-Plated Connectors - Black - (Part# CJ15-6BR-G2 ): Home Audio & Theater
Looks fine

http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116055

Get to reading //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looks fine
List of useful DIYMA threads. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Get to reading //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

will do! thanks for that thread it has so many threads I'm defiantly interested in reading. It will get me up to speed with alot of things I need to know!

alright so now for the dac situation

so I go micro usb to usb 2.0

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Samusung-Android-Windows-Function/dp/B00LN3LQKQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=AKXVBT49GGF3B

then 2.0 to usb B

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Hi-Speed-Printer-Scanner/dp/B00UNZ9HLU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ

and then into the dac

http://www.amazon.com/USB-DAC-PCM2704-Optical-Converter/dp/B0093KZTEA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_5&smid=A2NG2OQRK6L38B

and then the coaxial to the CDSP

just double checking before I make the amazon purchase

will do! thanks for that thread it has so many threads I'm defiantly interested in reading. It will get me up to speed with alot of things I need to know!
alright so now for the dac situation

so I go micro usb to usb 2.0

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Samusung-Android-Windows-Function/dp/B00LN3LQKQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=AKXVBT49GGF3B

then 2.0 to usb B

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Hi-Speed-Printer-Scanner/dp/B00UNZ9HLU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ

and then into the dac

http://www.amazon.com/USB-DAC-PCM2704-Optical-Converter/dp/B0093KZTEA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_5&smid=A2NG2OQRK6L38B

and then the coaxial to the CDSP

just double checking before I make the amazon purchase
Yes. Now just so you know. I havnt actually done any what im recommending. I will in the near future and im telling you to get what I was told to get from the cdsp thread.

Yes. Now just so you know. I havnt actually done any what im recommending. I will in the near future and im telling you to get what I was told to get from the cdsp thread.
I understand if this dac doesn't end up working I won't put it on you I'm doing a little more research quickly if it doesn't it wont be a big deal I can use and aux cord into the cdsp until I did find one

I understand if this dac doesn't end up working I won't put it on you I'm doing a little more research quickly if it doesn't it wont be a big deal I can use and aux cord into the cdsp until I did find one
The cdsp doesnt have an aux input and the aux on the dac is an output.

There is no reason it shouldn't work though. So I wouldnt worry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.