Which RCAS to get?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am grabbing myself a Pioneer DEH-80PRS and have had issues with engine/static noise with my current setup and want decent rcas that will give me no static feedback, any recommendations? I don't want to spend too too much. need around 15-20 ft length
With a good install, you shouldnt even need good rcas. Try this. Take your headunit and run your rcas externally directly to your amp. Like dont route them under the carpet or anything. See if you still have noise.

With a good install, you shouldnt even need good rcas. Try this. Take your headunit and run your rcas externally directly to your amp. Like dont route them under the carpet or anything. See if you still have noise.
Thank you for doing this and troubleshooting rather than recommending a pair without considering other factors.

I'm not even using rcas with my current install im using lcq-1 which takes the factors speakers in, they are ran next to the power wire I did the install a wile ago without the knowledge that crosstalk would be happening and never bothered to run on the other side of my car because I knew i'd be upgrading to an aftermarket radio I just wanted decent rcas to reduce the chance of any static I want this install to be solid

I'm not even using rcas with my current install im using lcq-1 which takes the factors speakers in, they are ran next to the power wire I did the install a wile ago without the knowledge that crosstalk would be happening and never bothered to run on the other side of my car because I knew i'd be upgrading to an aftermarket radio I just wanted decent rcas to reduce the chance of any static I want this install to be solid
How are you not using rcas in your current set up? the lcq takes hi levels and makes them low levels(rcas)..

if you have your rcas next to your power wire, regardless if their shielded, you will have noise. Period.

as for getting an 80prs. What are you using as a source? cds, phone, ipod, radio?

How are you not using rcas in your current set up? the lcq takes hi levels and makes them low levels(rcas)..

well i'm using 3 foot patch cable rca's they go from the lcq to the amps they are mounted right next to each other I didn't mean I wasn't using rca's at all I was meaning that your recommendation was to run them not by anything and they aren't they are just running from lcq to amp I know running next to the power cable is causing the feedback -- I didn't when I was doing the original install I was very inexperienced and still kind of am :p

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-I100-1M-Stereo-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00004Y2X9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

and I plan on using a mix of aux cable input and the usb

thanks for the recommendation how long did the shipping take for you?
I don't remember exactly, but not long at all. Probably a few business days tops (CA [i think] to NY). They're US-based and they'll probably ship the same day if you order early enough. Definitely worth picking up any other cables you might need like USB extensions, HDMIs, aux cords, etc. if you're paying for shipping anyway. I've bought all kinds of cables from them (though I usually spring for the "premium" lines, which are still pretty cheap) and the price to performance ratio is fantastic. The cables aren't glitzy, but they work well.

If you do go with them it looks like they have some promo codes up top including "$5 off $25+ Use code START5" which is nice, because they rarely have promo codes.

I don't remember exactly, but not long at all. Probably a few business days tops (CA [i think] to NY). They're US-based and they'll probably ship the same day if you order early enough. Definitely worth picking up any other cables you might need like USB extensions, HDMIs, aux cords, etc. if you're paying for shipping anyway. I've bought all kinds of cables from them (though I usually spring for the "premium" lines, which are still pretty cheap) and the price to performance ratio is fantastic. The cables aren't glitzy, but they work well.
If you do go with them it looks like they have some promo codes up top including "$5 off $25+ Use code START5" which is nice, because they rarely have promo codes.
100 ft of 12 GAUGE speaker wire is only 25$ from them pretty **** cheap compared to others I might grab myself some to compare the quality

well i'm using 3 foot patch cable rca's they go from the lcq to the amps they are mounted right next to each other I didn't mean I wasn't using rca's at all I was meaning that your recommendation was to run them not by anything and they aren't they are just running from lcq to amp
Amazon.com: Monster I100-1M RCA Stereo Cables (1 meter) (Discontinued by Manufacturer): Electronics

and I plan on using a mix of aux cable input and the usb
So heres my recommendation. Consider not getting an 80prs. I have one, its great but it has some very serious tuning draw backs and its interface is kinda..unintuitive.

Instead get a C-DSP. It has a full 6 band parametric PER output. So 6 bands PEQ per speaker and then another 6 PEQ over your entire l/r input. plus time alignment and crossover control. It has everything and more that the 80prs has and all around the same price. There is also a thread on DIYMA that shows you how to pretty much auto tune your system with the C-DSP and a program called REW

The only thing you need to worry about is how you get your source signal there. If you use an android based phone, you can get a 20$ adapter that turns your phone usb to a SPDIF output. its SUPERIOR sound quality and no chance of noise in your system.

100 ft of 12 GAUGE speaker wire is only 25$ from them pretty **** cheap compared to others I might grab myself some to compare the quality
I don't know how it compares to other brands, but I used that for my dad's stereo (going atleast 40ft). Sounds good to me and he's loving it. I actually have some on hand, though I don't know what you can glean from these pics

e8e68d0d228626eab9f5ee7c5df55ad6.jpg

e897b01cab4a1266a5a72f0c2bec5c3f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So heres my recommendation. Consider not getting an 80prs. I have one, its great but it has some very serious tuning draw backs and its interface is kinda..unintuitive.
Instead get a C-DSP. It has a full 6 band parametric PER output. So 6 bands PEQ per speaker and then another 6 PEQ over your entire l/r input. plus time alignment and crossover control. It has everything and more that the 80prs has and all around the same price. There is also a thread on DIYMA that shows you how to pretty much auto tune your system with the C-DSP and a program called REW

The only thing you need to worry about is how you get your source signal there. If you use an android based phone, you can get a 20$ adapter that turns your phone usb to a SPDIF output. its SUPERIOR sound quality and no chance of noise in your system.
thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out that, I was actually looking for a head unit that has a 6 channel eq I couldn't find one so i may try this.. thank you. I do have an android phone I have a s6 edge plus I'll try to find one of those adapters do you know the name of one?

I don't know how it compares to other brands, but I used that for my dad's stereo (going atleast 40ft). Sounds good to me and he's loving it. I actually have some on hand, though I don't know what you can glean from these pics

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
thanks for the picture, it defiantly looks like good cable. looks just about as thick as some 12g sky high cable I have the sky high has a little advantage but at about double the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.