Which power supply...

Op decided not to put it in there car because they didn't want to buy an alternator. The alternative is ridiculously asinine. "I don't want to put an alternator in my car, so I'll just take my car stereo out and carry it around with me".

Two full size 12" skar subs, an amp, the wiring, the battery or inverter, (had to edit: because I forgot) mids, highs, and another amp, is not "quasi-portable".

This should be pretty obvious how ridiculously ignorant this person is, and how stupid this idea is. They want a full size portable home stereo, using car audio equipment. (They want a boombox, a home stereo, and a car stereo in one easy package). Gee, why hasn't anyone else ever thought of this before?
Wow, you really are a twit arent you?

What part of i already have the equipment and it wont work in my current setup are you not grasping here? Instead of making personal attacks on my intelligence, intent, or whatever other form of bullshittery you want to go on about, if you disagree with what im doing, how about just saying nothing? How does what i am asking here affect you to the point of getting shitty with someone you dont know about something you have no interest in?

Are we frustrated for some reason? Is someone not getting any at home and has to take his impotent rage to a forum and lash out at strangers for no apparent reason?

Go play COD with your 12 yr old buddies Sport, i have no further interest in your input, regardless of manner of presentation.

Wow, you really are a twit arent you?

What part of i already have the equipment and it wont work in my current setup are you not grasping here? Instead of making personal attacks on my intelligence, intent, or whatever other form of bullshittery you want to go on about, if you disagree with what im doing, how about just saying nothing? How does what i am asking here affect you to the point of getting shitty with someone you dont know about something you have no interest in?

Are we frustrated for some reason? Is someone not getting any at home and has to take his impotent rage to a forum and lash out at strangers for no apparent reason?

Go play COD with your 12 yr old buddies Sport, i have no further interest in your input, regardless of manner of presentation.
Yeah, there's the petti childish hypocrisy you're creating a pattern of.

Go stockpile all the equipment you want. "Your installer" already told you how to do it, but there's another pattern where you don't want to listen to someone who already knows; you just want to do it your way no matter how asinine it is. I look forward to seeing your "luggage cart". Stop worrying about what I said, and go ahead and build your portable cart.

Last edited:
Yes it will mute the built in speakers. I thought the new plan was to forgo the car amp and use a home reciever. Way easier than a car amp, power supply, and maybe a full range amp.

Was just throwing out thoughts since i have options. if i can use the onkyo, and it would make it easier, cheaper, and would be powerful enough to run the 12s, then im all for it. But i didnt think that would be the case. I figured id need the amp regardless.

As for power supply I have no clue. When I setup a bench I just use a regular car battery to listen to a full range setup for an hour or two. When I setup for subs, it is just for testing the sub, box, or the amp.

I linked a 100 amp powermax ac converter, its $245 but i think it may be overkill.

Also, thanks for actually discussing this like a human being. Its a bit refreshing.

Here's how stupid your idea is, let me try to make an analogy for you: I have an extra set of wheel and tires for my car. I'm gonna put em on some shoes, and then I can roll around inside the house. That's how ridiculous your idea is.

100 amp converter. Yeah you should buy that.

Was just throwing out thoughts since i have options. if i can use the onkyo, and it would make it easier, cheaper, and would be powerful enough to run the 12s, then im all for it. But i didnt think that would be the case. I figured id need the amp regardless.

I linked a 100 amp powermax ac converter, its $245 but i think it may be overkill.

Also, thanks for actually discussing this like a human being. Its a bit refreshing.
100 amp? You would be lucky to get half the amps power off of that..

if i can use the onkyo, and it would make it easier, cheaper, and would be powerful enough to run the 12s, then im all for it.
You can just use the Onkyo. Two things to follow. You must use passive x-overs, and the resistance of each channel must be 8 Ohms. The strongest passives I have seen would be 250 watts. That should be enough for a nice punch from each sub.
Buuut, if you go with the idea of using the mhc's sub wires direct to the Onkyo, you could just connect the sub's direct without a x-over. The full range will be handled by the mhc whilst the bass by the Onkyo.

I figured id need the amp regardless.
Well you could connect the subs to the Onkyo for testing and see if the results please you.
Ha, no worries. I used to do projects like this quite often. I really enjoyed putting theory to practice and if it would work, I would feel so satisfied.
Only instead of using a power supply, I would use a battery, then charge it whenever the music sounded funny.

You can just use the Onkyo. Two things to follow. You must use passive x-overs, and the resistance of each channel must be 8 Ohms. The strongest passives I have seen would be 250 watts. That should be enough for a nice punch from each sub.
Buuut, if you go with the idea of using the mhc's sub wires direct to the Onkyo, you could just connect the sub's direct without a x-over. The full range will be handled by the mhc whilst the bass by the Onkyo.

Well you could connect the subs to the Onkyo for testing and see if the results please you.

Ha, no worries. I used to do projects like this quite often. I really enjoyed putting theory to practice and if it would work, I would feel so satisfied.
Only instead of using a power supply, I would use a battery, then charge it whenever the music sounded funny.
He wants to use his receiver as a source, not as an amp, so most of your post is wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...