Which option??

Participant count
  • Participant list

specialk

2014 Buick LaCrosse

Stock system with dash center channel, 2 post tweeters, front and rear door speakers

I want to upgrade and have narrowed to two options

Option 1: 5 channel amp, 12" sub. Take the bass pressure off the stock speakers and upgrade later if needed

Option 2: 5 channel amp, 12" sub, replace stock speakers.

For option 1 I was hoping to get recommendations for sub and amp.

For option 2 I was hoping to get upgrade speaker recommendations.

My budget is 6-800. Would it be best to spend that on option 1 and change speakers later if needed or go with lesser equipment and do option 2.

I really appreciate any expert advice.

what is your budget? if you get a 5 channel id go active with just fronts!

i agree with getting a good head unit first and foremost.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

****. budget?

6-800. I was going to keep the Stock head unit because it has all the controls for Onstar, nav, rear camera etc. so let's assume I will keep the stick HU. Would I be better served investing a little more upfront for sub/amp and add speakers later?

just after market hu is lots better for amp and fine tuning, mainily more preamp voltage.. I found sound 5 channels lately I see what they were, that's a big car (wifes is verano looks almost like hers is just shorter) I would get as good of amp and possible and sub and do speakers later, some peeps will yell u if u keeping factory stereo u may as well leave the factory speakers., either way I would get a good 4 channel amp bridge 3/4 channel to sub run 1/2 channels to front speakers and leave rear off of the factory hu (many of us don't even use rear speakers.. then u just gotta pic a sub., as for that did u want ported or sealed cause a good box is most important..

2014 Buick LaCrosseStock system with dash center channel, 2 post tweeters, front and rear door speakers

I want to upgrade and have narrowed to two options

Option 1: 5 channel amp, 12" sub. Take the bass pressure off the stock speakers and upgrade later if needed

Option 2: 5 channel amp, 12" sub, replace stock speakers.

For option 1 I was hoping to get recommendations for sub and amp.

For option 2 I was hoping to get upgrade speaker recommendations.

My budget is 6-800. Would it be best to spend that on option 1 and change speakers later if needed or go with lesser equipment and do option 2.

I really appreciate any expert advice.
read my 1st reply too.. I found rf r 600.5 $237, skar rp 600.5 $159 ppi 900.4 $164 peeps kinda like that ppi line here (I have the same sub amp) this is 4 channel I'd recommend if u trying to keep cost low it has good reviews and will give u 450rms to sub..

make sure it's a pioneer champ pro 3003 like mine in avatar, it's a very good sub.. but u can buy it on ebay for $70 don't pay $150 at shop.. I also found sundown 125.4 $479 and 5 channel $419 if u want a very good amp.. sealed is easiest and cheapest and ususally has best over all sq if u like rock music as I do but I'm running 930 rms to mine ported and it's very loud ported..

Have you ever heard of Axerra Amps. One shop is pushing that as a low cost quality alternative.
nope.. 1 of the subs looks like a kicker basket and magnet, specs are close to kicker too.. lots of stuf online man, read a lot look up fu 300 and 750 subs, sundown subs and amps, dc audio etc but as far as cheap amps go u won't beat that ppi and u could run 2 sundown lcs 12's ($84 each) with 500rms (i would do i 12 ported if u want loud sealed is just for sq although my ported pioneer sounds pretty good for prefab box) if u want a nice base get the sundown amp or 1 of = quality and get pioneer 3003 or sundown E, do speakers later and if u get the 4 channel amp, later u can get 1k watt mono amp (get more power to sub) and run 4 channel to all speakers and upgrade sub (if u get cheaper one now)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.