Which online store

Participant count
  • Participant list

loud_drums
10+ year member

Mesa, AZ
Okay, I've done my research, but I still need some help. I have my heart set on the PPI PCX-5800 5 channel amp, and want to buy it online. I've compiled a list of stores with decent prices for the amp, please let me know which are good or bad to buy from...

purecaraudio (best price, at $480)

sound4less

defiantequipment (great price)

buyloud

uscaraudio

discountcarstereo

carstereotime

mmxexpress

speedsound

caraudioshopping

Thanks in advance for any help.

Karl

Originally posted by loud_drums Okay, I've done my research
stop right there - you obviously havent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. go to search and type my name in, its a post i posted quite recently it starts with oK i GoT aN iDea - that should help you a litytle bit more - some of the names you mention here are, at least to me, unfamiliar. good luck!

That topic WAS part of my research. There was only one on my list that I found on yours (there actually was more, but I didn't put them on here, because they were ones with negative reviews). That one was carstereotime. It looks decent, but I was still looking for more solid information--I don't want to base my decision off of only one reputable place, know what I mean? (At least that one is better than none!) I would especially like to know about purecaraudio, that place is $55 cheaper than carstereotime. But if they aren't reputable, I'll pay more for good service. I am also curious about mmxpress, they boast parallel warranties (I'm sure some others do also, that sort of thing is reassuring).

Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply, jtmoney //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Shipping costs are important to you know. Some places charge what they should, while others make up for their low prices by charging tons in shipping. I was once charged $38 for a pair of 6.5" speakers for shipping and handling. Of course, I cancelled the order.

Originally posted by loud_drums Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply, jtmoney //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well, i try //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif listen, i dunno about purecaraudio - never heard of it...........u gotta be aware that there are loads of crooks around........go for some1 reliable with good ratings like ikesound - they seem 2have a v.good record and have bargain prices too...........carstereotime - mixed reviews............id go some1 like ike as you save enough $$$ anyway buying from them - if u try n be greedy it may backfire as i know very little about purecaraudio, and im sure most the majority of the forum are with me on this one.

http://www.cbrstereo.com

http://www.thezeb.com

http://www.ikesound.com

http://www.crutchfield.com

http://www.ampmanaudio.com

these are the most reliable ones i know and u rarely hear of things going wrong - buy from any of these and you're in safe hands, (i hope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) the others nobody can guarantee. the zeb and ikesound and very very helpful & know their $hit, crutchfield also 100% reliable but too expensive. good luk!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The big complaint about ikesound.com is shipping time. The shipping is free for one, but you need to know that they only ship out on Thursdays. So if you make your order on Thursday or over the weekend you will have to wait almost two weeks to get it (for it to ship, then for it to get there).

I would order from Zeb or Ike's, but like I said I have my heart set on that PPI, and those two online stores don't carry PPI. I plan on buying in about a month or so, I have no cash right now. But thanks for the advice, if anyone has more feedback, please post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.