Which one to buy?

hitman34608
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I am going to be buying a new car and having trouble picking one. I got them narrow down two cars at dealership I need help picking which one I should get. The top two things I want is mpg and reliability.So first is 2010 Ford Ranger with 4 cyl at 14 thousand miles for 13 thousand dollors with 10 % loan or 2002 Honda Accord with 18 thousand miles for 12 thousand dollors and loan would be like higher then the Ranger?

Wow a 2k2 with 18K? I would go with the accord. But I see the ranger having a bit more reliablity with being newer. But if the accord was taken care of then I dont see it being a problem in the future as long as you do the same.

Yea I heard Honda are good cars I just found the Honda tonight so trying decide . I am having the Ranger being sent from Ohio should be here Sat but the dealership said I could switch so I am trying to decide before signing the paper work.

Edit- Well just checked website they took Accord off so might be sold man that was stupid fast lmao.

Not surprising. I bought one ranger back in 2002 and will never do it again myself lol.

I just sold my Acura Integra (made by honda) and that had over 200k in miles and ran like a champ with next to no major work other then basic maintenance and upkeep.

Not surprising. I bought one ranger back in 2002 and will never do it again myself lol.
I just sold my Acura Integra (made by honda) and that had over 200k in miles and ran like a champ with next to no major work other then basic maintenance and upkeep.
Really was it 06 model ? What kind problems you had with it?

Really was it 06 model ? What kind problems you had with it?
It was brand new in 02..was an 03 model to be technical.

The truck just had a slew of random issues over the course of a year. I original purchased it as a "get around truck" from myself, but after the issues I just made it the shop beater truck for a few months and then just sold it do the increasing costs to keep it going.

It was brand new in 02..was an 03 model to be technical.

The truck just had a slew of random issues over the course of a year. I original purchased it as a "get around truck" from myself, but after the issues I just made it the shop beater truck for a few months and then just sold it do the increasing costs to keep it going.
So weird I hear mix reviews about the ranger some have problems all the time and some have zero weird? My step dad had Ford Ranger and never did anything to it barley changed oil and it just gave up at 230,000 miles . I guess I will just keep my eyes open I really don't want truck but price is good for my area and I am getting out Hvac school here in hopefully in couple months so be use full for side jobs .

i would go with an 8th generation accord LX for around 12k or at least a 2006, 2007 model. but that 2002 is pretty much brand new at 18k miles! might be a good buy

Owned a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT that I bought used in 1998 with 42k miles on it. Got it for $13k, drove it for 14 years, and put about another 125k miles on it with no issues. Great little truck. (Mine was the 4.0L , manual, 4WD).

Still own a 2004 Honda Accord that I bought for the mean old woman. Had a bit less than 50k miles on it when we got it in March 2007...now sporting well over 150k, and absolutely trouble-free. I expect we can do another 100k miles without much trouble.

I would go with the Honda, less u need the truck for a purpose.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hitman34608

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
hitman34608
Knoxville,TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date