Which one? Sundown SFB vs Soundqubed S1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stabthrax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Which one would you say would be the better choice? Soundqubed S1-1250 or Sundown SFB-1000D

Will be running 2 12in Fi Alpha..

Don't know which one is the better choice or any other recommendations?

Also Sundown is coming out with a new lineup next month. Even better then the SFB from what they are claiming. And yep agreed a 1,000 watt amplifier for 2 750 watt subwoofers? At least the 2k as pop said.

I keep seeing that SFB or full bridge amps are very touchy about their voltage.. Im on stock electrical 07 300c with a 160a alt so.. is that still my best choice?

I keep seeing that SFB or full bridge amps are very touchy about their voltage.. Im on stock electrical 07 300c with a 160a alt so.. is that still my best choice?
Best choice as far as what? Best period, best bang for the buck, Best you can do on stock electrical?

I'll just throw it out at the sfb 2k from what I'm seeing is $280. You can get a taramps 1800 for 220, taramps 1600 with built in dsp for 250, taramps HD 3k for 220, MD 3k for 270, and a smart 3k for 300.

Just some ideas incase you hadn't considered them.

Best choice as far as what? Best period, best bang for the buck, Best you can do on stock electrical?

I'll just throw it out at the sfb 2k from what I'm seeing is $280. You can get a taramps 1800 for 220, taramps 1600 with built in dsp for 250, taramps HD 3k for 220, MD 3k for 270, and a smart 3k for 300.

Just some ideas incase you hadn't considered them.

best I can do on stock electrical, I do have an agm battery under the hood (trunk in my case) and I do plan on doing big 3 but I'm trying to stay away from the extra battery for now

No different than a half bridge amp. They will protect at 9 volts and 15.4. I watched an HD10k low voltage protect over 10 times in a row and still keep kicking no problem (Senchez Explorer). The new MD, Bass, and Smart lines are even more robust. I've had like 11 full bridge amps and never a single issue.

Screenshot 2021-02-20 164433.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.