Mono/bridged 4 ch? Help please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neont4

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have 2 x 300w RMS SVC 4ohm subs and I’m unsure what amplifier to go with, as I understand things I can either wire the subs in parallel to produce a 2ohm impedance to a 600w RMS mono block amp or I can wire each sub independently to a 4 channel amp that is rated for 2 x 300W RMS (bridged, 4ohm stable), correct?. What are the pro’s & con’s with each of these 2 options? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Cheer
A mono block amp will more than likely be a Class D, which will be easier on you electrical, be easier to wire, have a smaller footprint, come with a bass knob, and easier to find one in that power range.
A four channel will probably be an Class A/B, which in my opinion, sounds better on subs than Class D amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.