which one is best?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

I am caught between 4 different subs to get. I want a sub that will hit hard, (be very loud)...but i dunno which to get. i'll prolly be sending 600 or 750 watts to it, so keep that in mind...and now my 4 choices:

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12"

Boston Acoustics ProSeries 12.5LF 12"

Audiobahn AWT12 12"

Polk/MOMO 12"

any help would be appreciated...thanks

If you are looking for something that will hit go with either the Audiobahn or the Infinity. The Infinity is a great sob and I am satisfied with my Audiobahns so you make the choice.

audiobahn if all your looking for is spl, any of the other three if you want more sq. I"M NOT DOGGING the audiobahn, they get plenty loud, they just aren't very clear IMO.

I just had two boston pro 10s put in and they sound real good I don't know how loud they are yet I am going to break in the suspension before I see what I can get out of them I only have a JL500/1 going to them too and I couldn't believe how small the box was no kidding it was about the size of a microwave (if space is an issue) if you are putting 600 watts to them from what I have heard so far the bostons are real good subs as for the others I am not to familiar with the infinitys are not as loud as I thought they would be but they did have good sq have you considered eclipse or treo subs? just a thought.

sq definately perfect imo

but I havent heard the momo and i want to here one bad anyone herd it with an opinion cuz it looks good and sounds like it is worth the money i like it alot i almost bought 2 just to go on a limb cuz it just appealed to my senses!

they are all good subs, but if you are only sending about 600-700 watts to them i would go with the perfects, i would rather have the audiobahns, but the AWT 12 is a 2000 watt RMS speaker so you probably wouldnt be doing it justice by only giving it 600 watts

for SQ there are only 4 names u need 2know....

1. Eclipse DVCs

2. Kove

3. Crystal

4. IDMax

5. W7??????? (maybe, personally im undecided)

Audiobahn are one of the best overall street pounders but give them their recommended rms and the intall will sound like a 160dB distortion factory.

Infinity are good, similar to ECLIPSE but different quality of bass - ECLIPSE comes out and attackes u, like the SOLOBARICS, fro example.

But out of your list Id stik with Infinity - Polk & Boston, I THINK, are much more expensive.

Outta my list? ECLIPSE, IDmax, Crystal, in that order although they are all very very good, clena hitting subs, with good SPL in right box - I had 3XECLIPSE DVC's and was hitting low 150s and the SQ was great.....

laterz.

JT

you like the eclipse? omg!! hehe its a good sub so i will let it slide;) they used to seperate from the cone and the coil would beat it into a flat piston because the glue came apart that connected the two together...tht was my only real draw back to them. ever heard of a sub called an idw? imo those were the best sounding sub i ever heard. they were big image subs 15" and 18". i had the 15's and god talk about tight. sounded like an 8 until somethin real low came through then it is like omg hehe bostons i love and freddrick if you get a bigger amp i assure you that you wont be disappointed. that is one of the best sq to humpage woofers out there .....see the point i am getting at is there be alot of great stuff granted not perfect ..........

The Audiobahns are pretty clear until you turn them up past the half way mark, then they start to get distorted, but I still love my Audiobahns!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.