Which of these (under $200.00) Components would you get?

dthor68
10+ year member

Which of these components would be the best suited for a 2008 Honda CRV. The midbass is mounted in the lower part of the door. The tweeter mounts in the dash slightly angled towards listeners. However most of the sound is reflected off of windshield. In the future these components will be moved to back doors and the fronts will be more of a midline system by same manufacture. Of course the Polk and Infinity are close to their top of the line.

1) Focal R-165S2 $169.99

2) Hertz DSK 165.3 $149.99

3) Diamond Audio D364.5 $169.99

4) Infinity REF6500CX $149.99

5) Polk DXi6501 $149.99

I am also open for more options as long as they are new and sold at Woofersetc, Sonic Electronix or Crutchfield.

I appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you finding MM6501 for 169.99? I just purchased a set of JBL P660c for $136 on amazon based on great reviews and being in between the DB6501 and MM6501 in terms of sound.

Bieng sold on woofers ect don't mean much. They sell alot of stuff that they aren't licensed for like hertz.
They also sell a lot of very old stock they get from other companies which only carried their warranty and in some cases only one or two pieces in stock

Infinity Kappa 60 11CS 6 5" 2 Way Car Audio Component Speakers Pair 6 1 2" 050667368616 | eBay

If you are going to buy Infinity, these are the ones to snagg at the $200 range or the Perfect series line up..Id recommend staying away from the Reference line up they dont serve justice over 60 rms..The Kappa 60.9cs series mids hold up excellent and sound fantastic as do the crossovers,but the tweets will take a quick dive at rms range..Im still running the mids, and crossovers, but added a CDT tweet and serving fairly well,and keeping up with my 1700 rms sub stage

Cant go wrong with Polk DB series..Ive ran mine for so long and still work great and sound very nice for the money..The MM series are pretty dammned clean in performance as well as durability for the money..But you have to prep your doors / deaden them to get any speakers to serve any real justice for you and a decent amp.. For cheapies the PPI Phantom 600.2 is a decent little amp for 2 ch to place on the front stage in my opinion. Dont rule out any CDT line up of speakers to serve nicely as well.You may spend a little more but great speakers.Ive enjoyed mine as well as the others mentioned as I have and still swapp out from time to time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.