So frustrated ! Helpp

Participant count
  • Participant list

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So recently I blew a few fuses on my alpine pdx1.1000. Also, when that happened smoke was pouring out of my port. So I tested the subwoofer on my plate amp shortly and it played fine (wasn't cranked to much). My plate amp only gave it 180wrms. I replaced the fuses on my amp an it tuns on. I hooked my subwoofer up to the amp. Plays fine...but for a minute when decently turned up, then it stops! Then I turn my headunit off and back on, then it will play, then cuts out again. What's the problem and solution here? Keep in mind my door speaker amp and speakers will be on and fine during all of this.

Check your coils and make sure they ohm out. Does your amp go into protect?
The blue indicator lights always stays on, I'm not sure If It has a protect mode light. I will check the coils and look for the protect mode light right now! BRB

Also, I noticed the first fuse sticks out like a MM higher than the other fuses. I even swapped it out and put another new one in that spot because I thought that had something to do with it. I believed it's pushed in as far as it goes.. Not sure if it's just one of those things you never notice until your looking for a solution

Ya I have a suriken bt20 in the back. And ya the subwoofer is an American bass XFL wired to 2ohms. Is it possible to smoke a coil and have the subwoofer play fine (seemed to be from what I could tell)? I'll have to take it out tommorow to check more in depth

If both coils read 1.1 parallel. Then sounds like the sub is going bad. If its a d4. It should read 1.8-2.2 I believe push on the cone see if there is any coil rub But sounds like a recone is needed

No coil rub or scratching . suspensions still stiff. But yea it's dual 4ohm :/ I'll have to re-cone my blown 12" SI Mag Claw..If i'm going to recone anything, it's going to be that lol.

I also have 2 brand new 12" Dayton Audio RSS315 HOs I could build a box for and install. You gentlemen have any ideas on cuft and tunning for the enclosure. I would be doing Aeroports. I have two 3" PSP ports downstairs waiting to be used. I have about 26" in width and 16" MAX in hieght. Will it be possible and plans are always welcomed lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

solidcrowd

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
solidcrowd
Buffalo, New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date