Which hu?

Participant count
  • Participant list
eclipse FTW, i say eclipse because i've had bad experiences with panasonics units, and the eclipse's have great SQ and usually alot of features

I really like the look of the Panasonic decks but i don't know enough about the reliability or Sound Quality to recommend it over the 8445. Its not saying it isn't as good of a head unit but until I get my hands on a new Panasonic I wouldn't know.

I wouldnt even think twice about an eclipse vs. a panasonic. I own an 8443 and an 8454 and they are by far the best units I have ever owned. I know nothing of the panasonic's, but I doubt it can compare to the eclipse.

I know nothing of the panasonic's, but I doubt it can compare to the eclipse.
You don't know that. You like Eclipse and wouldn't change to something else. I'm happy you found something you really like. Some people have a problem finding exactly what they want out of a HU. But you don't really know if it compares til you have experience with both. I mean with the bad press that Kenwood had for years and years no one would have thought they could come out with a good HU but the Excelon 889 is a great HU and more and more members on this forum are swearing by them. Give the Panasonics some time and if they're worth it they will get some of the same praise and recommendations. Eclipse is sworn by on the forum because alot of the members have one and swear by them. In fact, that is what sells alot of their head units. The fact that they have such a HIGH rep is what sells them, NOT people that try them cause most people that buy them don't even listen first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ryanbssc29

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ryanbssc29
Waveland, MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date