• Kenwood Excelon X790

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Pioneer Premier 680MP

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

DaveDSMer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well its headunit time for the Ranger. I got my tax return so its time to order one. I did some shopping around and these three are the ones I found from companies I trust. All are around 200-250 in my price range so it really comes down to which model to choose. I am running everything off amps so mostly look for the best SQ. The Excelon is kinda getting my eye because of the ability to turn off its internal amp as I wont be using it. So any input on these headunits would be great. Much more interested in SQ than looks on a side note.

So whats it going to be.. Eclipse, Kenwood, or Pioneer.

i dont think you can go wrong with any of those choices... they all seem pretty solid

my vote went with the pioneer just because ive had some experience with their decks

My Pioneer 7800 was more than i was asking for. It was better than i expected it to be!
If the 780mp is in your price range then its better than all three listed in the poll. I own one and it does everything the 880 does except active and auto EQ. It has a really nice color screen if looks matter alot to you.

I have the 680. I now use it to drop up a wobbly table. It's not that's it bad, it is just so bright and the uni-knobs *****.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif How do you DROP something like a table UP ?? LOL I'm sure you meant PROP UP. Anyway, what do you mean by bright?? Sound? Display? or what??

Anyway, I voted 680 but I think the new 690 is much better.

hehe yeah it isnt the prettiest out there. but will match my interior perfect.. almost stock looking radio. I am not into anything flashy really. I am much more into what features it has.

I have the 680. I now use it to drop up a wobbly table. It's not that's it bad, it is just so bright and the uni-knobs *****.
Then how about you send it to me. I will pay shipping.

Worth a shot lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...