Which head unit would you recommend?

go w/ pioneer. its a brand you can trust and expect great sq from, even if it is one of their lower models. although the panasonics look "cooler", dont be fooled

I get more positive feedback from the Pioneer head units....but does the quality justify the price difference? (i'd save $30 with the panasonic)

panasonic hu's dont compare at all with pioneer. they are known to skip with hard hitting bass. sq not as good. not as reliable. do yourself a favor and spend the xtra 30 bucks, it will be worth it in the end.

panasonic hu's dont compare at all with pioneer. they are known to skip with hard hitting bass. sq not as good. not as reliable. do yourself a favor and spend the xtra 30 bucks, it will be worth it in the end.
I've owned both and I've never had a problem with either skipping. IMO both make great HU's. But I'm partial with pioneer.

Can you clarify?

What Is your reasoning?

I'd go with pioneer. I have the deh-6500 (last year's model) and it has so many features. My friend just bought the deh-3600 and it's a pretty good deck. I think he only paid about 130 shipped brand new.

Pioneer is the s*&% i have my dads first Pioneer DEH-P 505 made in 1992 and it still jams in my moms car to this day. THATS 14YEARS......Excellent quality well worth the money i have also had my DEH-P 5200 in my car for ..............since the day it came out 3 - 4 years ago. And a friend of mine flipped his car 12 times end of end hitting a cement divide at 70MPH and the 6500 still works......ALSO PIONEER PREMIER DECKS ARE REALLY NICE....

Can you clarify?
What Is your reasoning?
2 of my best friends had panasonic h/u's. both skipped when the bass hit hard. one of them got a pioneer to replace it. (because the panasonic eventually broke after only being 6 months old), instantly the sound quility was better the skipping problems stopped.

I dont have much experience with panasonic decks but know a few people who are very happy with them. I currently use a premier 740mp and has been running great for about 3 years. Id can guarentee pioneer makes a great, reliable product, with pretty good SQ for the money, also the crossovers are good and **** easy to use. If you are looking for something under 200 id say pioneer but the new panasonic decks with the digital amps which are pricey have the best internal amps on the market.

Only downside to pioneer i can think of, Unless theyve changed(the model has been replaced twice since mine, 750 then 760), when i got mine they were one of the slowest at loading MP3's, however its not unbearable, just slightly slower than JVC/Kenwood/Alpine.

Ok thanks for the opinions

Sounddomain.com has a pioneer DEH4600 for only $159.99 and comes with a FREE installation kit, a fitting for your dash, and a wiring harness....is sounddomain reliable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.