Which components should I buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

99ws6
10+ year member

I am looking for 6.5" components and 6.5" speakers for my 99t/a. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend but still want high quality. I have been looking at:

Infinity 6000cs reference components

Infinity 60.5cs kappa components

Alpine type S SPS-171A components

Alpine type R SPR-176A components

The same models for the rear speakers as well

I have a pioneer DEH-6500 head unit and I am looking at a Sony XM-460GTX 600W 4Ch Amp that puts out 60x4 RMS. I am putting in a sub so I want really clear components. If you have any suggestions on what I should buy please let me know. Thanks, Matt pjoygibson@hotmail.com

Hi Matt, If your interested, I found a web site with very good prices on Alpine equipment.

I ordered the Alpine SPR-176A 6 1/2" component Type R's. The total cost including delivery was $142.86.

The supplier is " http://www.gopcplus.com "

I ordered online on 1-14-04 and recieved them on the 19th. No problems with the order whatsoever.

I would not purchase a Sony amp, there are much better choices for the money. JMO

I haven't heard any of the CDT speakers, and I know of no distributors in my area. It seems they are popular on this board, but I wouldn't purchase them without listening to them first. I have heard the Alpines and I liked the sound, so I bought them. Also, they fit nicely into General Motors cars.

Alright, like said lose the sony amp. If you want cheap go with Profile (I could sell mine cheapt to you contact me on aim). As far as those speakers, the Type-s's ****. Type-rs are decent. I personally like my 6000cs, but the tweeter is very harsh(on s's it hurts your hears at loud volumes). I have heard the CDT CL-61, they are very very nice, and you can get them for 150, which i believe is cheaper than the Kappas and very close to the type-rs. Anyway, contact me on aim about the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.