Which Component Speakers?

chrisstanton32
10+ year member

I'm needing to make a decision on door components and need some quick advice from some guru's. I have no time to audition any and have around a 500-600 dollar budget. less than that price obviously being cool with me. I'm going to be running 2 maybe 3 sa8's in a ported box underneath the seats of my 2011 F150 with a 2k amp run to them. I have a 400w amp i'm going to be putting to the doors. I want good SQ but they need to be LOUD to keep up with the 3 sa8's. What is your #1 pick suggestion, and why? not a top 5 list. My local shop is suggesting Hertz Hi-energy's but... What do you think?

Hertz makes nice speakers. Depending on your budget, I love the Pioneer TS D1720C component set. rated at 60 rms but can take more. The low crossover point on the tweeter also helps with imaging. And they kept up with my 3 sa-8s with only about 45-50rms to the set. Best thing about em is the tweeter definitely. Its crystal clear and nowhere near harsh like these stupid memphis m class i just put in! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Try and listen to whatever you get before you buy. (in a car preferably)

For example, alot of people recommend the Focal Access comps, but i've heard 2 setups with them in cars and one dealer setup and I was very unimpressed with both, especially for the price. The mid was very dry and not too detailed. The tweeter was decent but no better than any other decent tweeter. With Focal, its best to get the upper lines or simply look into another brand IMO.

I have heard focals in 2 differnt shops in the same town and They sounded dif in each shop . Also heard those focal 3 ways in a g6 and they sounded pretty good, but the imagines were better.

i'm not sure the difference between passive or active..

i'm guessing passive is sq and active is spl ?

is German Maestro the way to go? I want them to sound great but need to get loud. I was told the metal dome's on the tweeters make them very bright..

you want silk dome tweets,possibly a 3 way comps set up,i agree with with some of the other guys about the focals ,nice speakers but you'll need the higher end models to get what you want.the cdt comps have a large variety of comps from low to very high end ,and there is a really good sale right now for the dealers like me.also need to know how much power you wanna put to them and do you need regular or slim line

you want silk dome tweets,possibly a 3 way comps set up,i agree with with some of the other guys about the focals ,nice speakers but you'll need the higher end models to get what you want.the cdt comps have a large variety of comps from low to very high end ,and there is a really good sale right now for the dealers like me.also need to know how much power you wanna put to them and do you need regular or slim line
I have a 400watt to throw to them. I have a 2011 f150 so I don't think I need slims

Based on things I have heard so far, with this sort of budget, I'd try to audition Focal V30s and HAT Clarus sets and buy whichever I like most.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.