which component set for sq

need best from listed

cdt 65 clg1a 100 rms

vs

alpine type r 6.5 50 rms

will be running off 65 watts (usx4065)

need it to be very very FULL sound
alpine type r's have a very smoothe midbass speaker but the tweeter is a bit harsh and imbalanced. I've never heard the cdt but maybe that helps you.

I love the midbass on the alpine type r's, but thats all the type r's has going for it. For me i think the cdt's are overall the better component set of the two.

The CDT cl-61a's are IMO unbeatable at the $150 price. listened to type r's, and i own the cdt's and they perform much better. warm, strong midbass, smooth tweeter. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Worth it? That depends on your thoughts. When I upgraded from 2 way to 3 way I was very happy, but when I did that I made pods and moved speaker...
Looking to sell off my previous car's audio system as I recently purchased a 2022 Civic ST and stripped out all the audio components before...
+1 on ANS. Got my Hertz 1650.3 and 280.3 from him and he referred me to someone who gave me a discount on my Audison APF8.9 bit. Matt
I’ve tried it in 3 different vehicles and multiple locations. Rear deck is best for me. Unless it’s a midbass I don’t want anything in the rear...

About this thread

limitkid7

5,000+ posts
sell wite
limitkid7
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date