Which class would be better A/B or D

Class D full range amplifiers can have fantastic sound quality also. Just look at the success JL Audio and Alpine have had with their full range D amps for quite some time. Granted, neither the HD nor the PDX amps have been flawless. I switched from A/B to D a few months ago and the noise floor reduced to almost dead silence. This is on a $200 PPI P900.4, not a $600 JL or Alpine amp.

It depends entirely on the amplifier in question. There are great Class A/B and there are great Class D amplifiers. There are also bad ones in each category. I do not accept the notion that Class D amplifiers are worse. The full range products that had been hitting the market in the last couple of years are mostly pretty good. In fact, most of them were provided by high end or mid-car-fi companies, (such as JL, Kenwood, Alpine, PPI, Hertz) so most of those amps are well executed. Cheap brands/companies like Dual, Boss, Jensen, and Maxxsonics are probably just waking to this technology, and surely, once their full range Class D products hit the market, we will have many crappy Class D amps, just like most of their Class A/B amps that are available right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.